• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treble Hooks

swampsnyper

I've been using these lil hooks for many years. All of my lockons, I carry a lifeline with them. At the end of the lifeline I tie on these hooks. If i'm in a mobile set, as I climb the tree installing my steps I have one end of the lifeline attached to my harness with the slack on the ground and the hook on the other end. As I reach my top step I tie my lifeline as high as I can on the tree. Then I snag my stand on the ground with the hook and pull it up and attach it to the tree. Next I get into the stand and attach to the lifeline then fish up my back pack and then my bow. Makes it easy to go up the tree once and not have to carry everything up.
I've also used this lil hook to grab a branch out of reach and pull it to me to trim. Used it for picking up dropped items like a glove or my tab off the ground.
I save all the s-hooks off my bungee cords that break then weld them up. Those s-hooks are easy to bend to open and straighten up the hooks. Once I get my saddle I won't be using a lifeline but I'll have one of these in a lil pouch with paracord.

That is a great idea. I've read about other folks that do the same thing, but I have never tried it. Seems like a logical process you have going on.
I don't have a welding machine, but I have some JB Weld! I'm going to give it a go; thanks for the idea.

Are they ever useful..... I can't count how many times I've dropped something that I wanted back (my bow release :? ). I picked this one off Amazon and it came with a magnet in the bottom but I felt it wasn't strong enough so I put a rare earth magnet in it and I also put a small tether on it to my bow cord

Attachments

• 14348051568681475400469.jpg
    14348051568681475400469.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 472
stl tree hugger said:
Are they ever useful..... I can't count how many times I've dropped something that I wanted back (my bow release :? ). I picked this one off Amazon and it came with a magnet in the bottom but I felt it wasn't strong enough so I put a rare earth magnet in it and I also put a small tether on it to my bow cord

I really like that. Whats it called? I couldn't find it on amazon. Is it strong enough to hook your stand and pull it up?

I think a stand would be too heavy but I picked my bow up with it. I was in to much of a rush and forgot go tether my bow

Once I attach my top lone wolf stick I grab my stand with the treble hook. Attach my stand and get in, them hook my bag, then my bow. I like that system.

Just pick up a large treble fish hook and push it into a hole in a pc. of foam for carrying. Sharp enough to snag light objects like gloves etc. Strong enough to pick up your buddy if he falls out.

Back