• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Climbing Spikes

I’m sure there are a number of threads on the topic, so here’s another one. I have confirmed with both state and federal wildlife officer that they are legal on state WMAs and NWRs in Arkansas, and I am looking to make the switch in the off-season. I want a good combination of light weight and affordability. From the research I have done on this site, YouTube, etc., the Climb-Rite aluminum with the ultra light aluminum pads seem to be a popular choice. I have found them online for $289 + tax & shipping. The pads have a Velcro strap, so some slight modification is needed for silencing. Not a big deal. I have found the Climb-Rite aluminum with leather T-pads for $259 with free shipping on Amazon. These have a belt and metal buckle like a belt buckle, so I don’t know if that would need to be replaced with something different for noise reduction or not

Is it worth the extra $30 for the ultra light pads?

Are there other comparable models out there that I’m missing?

Any input is appreciated.

Not sure if they're aluminum but it'll save ya some $$ to try em out and see if you like them.

I have the climb right alum with the lightweight pads. I hated the pads and quickly ordered some leathers. Honestly i doubt that the weight difference make much difference at all. I certainly prefer comfort on the shins over weight savings. Milage may vary

I have the climb right alum with the lightweight pads. I hated the pads and quickly ordered some leathers. Honestly i doubt that the weight difference make much difference at all. I certainly prefer comfort on the shins over weight savings. Milage may vary

That’s good input. I have $200 in Amazon gift cards from Christmas to put towards them if the leather pads are the way to go.

I just bought some gecko aluminum spurs off amazon for $389. Climbed with them last weekend and was impressed.

Back