• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree farm area

Robert loper

SH Member
I actually standing over a bucks bed ( the first pic) that ive been after this year its one of his beds im sure just by the rubs around it My question is how the hell do i hunt this ? (Panarama pic of area) 2nd pic) Blinds are out of the question just would stand out to much this time of year thanks on tips
d9a23e4c62b267171a928d3658bd1381.jpg
9e3eb389fbb163e209f423f217823f64.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_gcun8_kLGQWJMDxQtFpQ

Climb one of those pines or build you a little blind out of all that riff raff.

Get in there early in the morning and catch him coming back to bed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How long ago did you take that pic of his bed and did you bump him when you did. Those lying down brown weeds around that bed look as if it's a recent picture. If it's recent and you didn't see him when you found it, did you feel the bed to see if it were warm and you spooked him before you were close? That area is really open and if you're in Michigan which I believe is where you live (you were at an in field seminar I gave about 20 years ago I believe), the chance of getting a shot out of any of those short, small diameter conifers is pretty close to zero this late in the season as I know you're a big guy and would stick out big time.

If you're in Michigan still, you should have snow on the ground and if you went in about 3 hours before daylight in complete ScentLok attire with a washed is scent free detergent snow camo suit and head cover over it or a Vertigo pattern suit, and opened up a little area behind some nearby deadfall, you might get lucky and get an opportunity. Try not to move a ton of deadfall around as doing so will knock the snow off it and will stand out more. The ground however must be bare and quiet.

40498cc69834c686d75a5ca7f8dc6e4d.jpeg
set up under a tree, scent loc and no movement I can set mine up quite and fast and disappear in to one of those trees in less than a min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in delaware john im not who your thinking of.
I seen the deer spook from the bed and it was with a couple other deer diddnt see the head gear though
Its pretty much a failsafe bed for him along a transition of taller pines in front of him and the wind is covering his ass and would almost be impossible to get him you would have to like you said get into his area and set up about 2am and hope he uses that bed on that day. lol
Little early for me
Thnks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_gcun8_kLGQWJMDxQtFpQ

I apologize Robert as I was thinking of someone else that attended a workshop many moons ago.

It's typically legal to go in whenever you want but you would need to know where he would be feeding so as not to spook him with your early arrival. I hunted a buck once when I was in my tree 3 hours before daylight as I spooked him going in to bed when I arrived with my typical 2 hour before daylight entry. I did take him as well in 2000.

The ground would definitely be your best bet. It's common in pressured areas with no tree or pod height cover to have your best opportunity from the ground.

Back