• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree hopper video

Awesome thanks for the video. Makes a lot more sense to see it.

Thanks for the video. I am really liking mine. If holding it up by the bridge to organize it that only works if you don't have any dump pouches or weight on the top. When you do that with weight on it the side with the weight takes up all the slack and is really annoying. I have been grabbing mine by the straps right below the buckles to keep it from getting out of wack. Putting it on is the only thing I have had to get used to with this style of saddle, otherwise I absolutely love it. So far I have been fine with the black belt he sent with it but I think I'm going to try the cord.

Thanks, I think mark has a better soLuton in the works...
I hope it is like yours, but milspec elastic instead of webbing. Would best the best of both worlds (yours and Tom's), especially with a lighter plastic buckle.

I hope it is like yours, but milspec elastic instead of webbing. Would best the best of both worlds (yours and Tom's), especially with a lighter plastic buckle.
Personally not a fan of elastic. Have seen too much of it lose integrity in the outdoor world, even the goodstuff. I'm confident that what lever hendoes come up with we will all be happy with. He really wants an awesome product and cares that it performs the best it possibly can. This and the jx3 are going to be my only saddles moving forward.

Personally not a fan of elastic. Have seen too much of it lose integrity in the outdoor world, even the goodstuff. I'm confident that what lever hendoes come up with we will all be happy with. He really wants an awesome product and cares that it performs the best it possibly can. This and the jx3 are going to be my only saddles moving forward.
Fair enough, and I have seen the same with elastic. I would see this as an easily replaced piece and non-critical since it is not intended to be a life support part of the system, so worth the potential replacement for the stretch benefits.

Fair enough, and I have seen the same with elastic. I would see this as an easily replaced piece and non-critical since it is not intended to be a life support part of the system, so worth the potential replacement for the stretch benefits.
Agreed 100%. Good point that the belt section is easily replacible. I hadn't looked at it from that perspective.

I've been playing around with my saddle a little more. I think it is important that the belt attachment method doesn't put pressure on the side of the main buckle that the saddle straps run through. When that happens it doesn't allow the two panels to move easily through the buckle. There have been times when I put it on and the bottom or top is shorter or longer and I cinch the belt tight and it only tightens one side and then it will loosen up over time. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me just something I observed. The T buckle attachment in the video would fix this issue. Im not sure what to use yet if I want a strap style belt though.

I've been playing around with my saddle a little more. I think it is important that the belt attachment method doesn't put pressure on the side of the main buckle that the saddle straps run through. When that happens it doesn't allow the two panels to move easily through the buckle. There have been times when I put it on and the bottom or top is shorter or longer and I cinch the belt tight and it only tightens one side and then it will loosen up over time. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me just something I observed. The T buckle attachment in the video would fix this issue. Im not sure what to use yet if I want a strap style belt though.
Very true. With my cobra buckle, I simply grab the buckle and tilt it when I have sat in the sling and loosen it to the point that theres barely pressure in it and I'm good to go. When I got to climb down, I do just the opposite once I have my LB on.

The narrow JX3? Going forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back