• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree quickie

sb220

Man these things may be the ticket for moving tethers around limbs. They seem almost as fast as carabiners but aren't prone to side loading. Just got one in the mail today it definitely seems like its going to be much faster around limbs than unclipping and unhitching rope/hitching rope and clipping back in.

Cons - The little latches on the pins wont be fun with gloves but some kind of sleeve could be used to slide over it to compress them maybe
some metal rattle but some duct tape wrapped around one of the ears made it virtually silent. will probably require new tape every so often

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=16460#

Last edited:
the pin has two clips that have to be undone. Think I saw a pin you can buy for it that has 4 clips

It would take an act of god to get either of them undone in my opinion

4.3 oz with a little duct tape

heres a vid of a guy that uses them for canopy anchors(girth hitched) Think its what they were primarily made for...quick link and side load

Heres a tool that was made for easier work of the original quickie, but doesn't work with the new pins. Think I can probably diy something out of pvc etc. This guy isn't using it on the quickie but the pins are similar

May be worthwhile, may just be added weight. Hopefully I can get out a few times soon and try using it

IMG_1407.jpg
Went out and climbed a couple times today and was a little impressed by this thing. Its not a groundbreaker piece of gear, but definitely cool and Ill keep it on my tether. Will order another for rappel rope if I ever catch it on sale again.
Definitely faster than a screw link, faster than a screw lock carabiner. You are right though Justsome, you do need to keep it oriented correctly so the head of the pin is pressed against tree. Once you get the hang of laying your rope into it the way you want it to sit, that's not a big deal

You can get a petzl screw link for 8 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

got a screw link on my rappel rope. I hate unscrewing/screwing that thing

tree quickie is fast and it was on sale for 20 when I posted this

Went out for another climb today with it. gotta say pretty cool doodad

got a screw link on my rappel rope. I hate unscrewing/screwing that thing

tree quickie is fast and it was on sale for 20 when I posted this

Went out for another climb today with it. gotta say pretty cool doodad
My buddy uses one on his rope runner for slack tending.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
5d4831f3885ce0932c4f7d539d61d7fb.jpg

Last edited:
They are the fastest (while safe) thing Ive come across for moving tethers around limbs for one sticking

Back