• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

tree seat platform

rnomad

Has anyone used a tree seat as a platform or any input on the thought. I know I wouldn't want the swivel one. Been thinking about making one out of aluminum cause the extra weight and make it fold. Any suggestions ???

Attachments

• tree seat.jpg
    tree seat.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,019
My only input is that the tree seat I used to use when I was a kid was VERY squeaky if I did not have it set up perfect.

The best tree seat for a platform, if you want to go that route, is the one made by chippewa wedge loc. If you're over say 200 pounds like I am you will want to brace it up with one inch square steel tubeing. When you get one, tear off the padding and cover the plywood with skateboard grip tape. If you want to leave it in the tree for multiple days, I'd go with the chain harness and aluminum mesh seat. I don't recommend anyone do this, so proceed at your own risk, but this platform is crazy solid, like jump up n down on it without it budging, and silent.

thumbarcher said:
The best tree seat for a platform, if you want to go that route, is the one made by chippewa wedge loc. If you're over say 200 pounds like I am you will want to brace it up with one inch square steel tubeing. When you get one, tear off the padding and cover the plywood with skateboard grip tape. If you want to leave it in the tree for multiple days, I'd go with the chain harness and aluminum mesh seat. I don't recommend anyone do this, so proceed at your own risk, but this platform is crazy solid, like jump up n down on it without it budging, and silent.

I'm a buck60 soak and wet!!!!! thanks for the info !!!!!

I go about 210, the first year I used it with my tree saddle, about 10 years ago, I stood on the outside edge of the seat and it slightly deformed the aluminum L braces that run under the seat. I just stayed off that outside edge for a few years with no other problems, but eventually I decided to make to where I could stand on any edge of it without a thought, so I took some 1 inch square steel tubeing, cut it to size, drilled pilot holes in the aluminum braces, then butted the tubeing to the braces and used self tapping screws to attach em. I now think I could attach a chain fall to it and lift a truck without it moving, there's a YouTube video of someone doing that with one of their treestands, with a pair of boots on the edge of the stand, halfway off, and the boots never budge.

Hawk formerly gorilla makes a tree seat that is as good as the assassin but you need a ratchet strap I go 240 been good to me

Swoggs29 said:
Hawk formerly gorilla makes a tree seat that is as good as the assassin but you need a ratchet strap I go 240 been good to me

3000_Hangout_Ground_Tree_Seat_2_1024x1024.png

http://hawkhunting.myshopify.com/products/hangout-tree-seat

Back