• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

tree stand life lines

Kmarks

Has anyone ever cut up a tree stand life line and made it into a tether and/or linemen's belt? If you did, how did it hold up being used as it wasn't intended?

Thanks

How old is the life line? If older than a 4-5 years personally I would toss it. Maybe save it for pulling out the atv but not as a tether. This of course depends on if it has been left out in the weather or stored in heat etc. if that is the case 1 year max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would give it a good inspection, as long as it isn't showing any serious wear and tear it should be fine. Do you know how much use it had? Was it left out for several seasons? UV can do serious damage to a lot of gear. If you have to ask yourself it's probably not safe or worth the risk. Just my 2 cents.

Yes it has been done from new life lifes. IMO there are better options out there with a little research. Samson predator, samson ultra tech and sterling htp make great tethers and linemans belts.

Back