• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree steps in addition to platform

ekelsey15

Hey. Sorry if this had been posted. Due to the keywords I didn’t think searching would work.
I want to add a few steps, probably silent approach to my platform. I’m running the podium. Has anyone done this? Will it work? How to they hold up to side pressure and is there enough holding it to the tree the with the podiums strap?

thanks in advance

Been doing it for a couple years now. No issues. I did change up a bit this year as I am using a daisy chain with my platform. I use an OCB with the steps and put the strap right below the versa button.
dc85bdcf74a53c9b42f8de552f2fd297.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes, I’ve done this with a couple of different platforms and steps. Currently using the OOAL solo scout and slotted aluminum steps a lot like the squirrel steps. It’s good that the podium cams over so you can get the strap nice and tight but you still might notice a little sponginess to the steps when you first step on them. Then since the steps move the strap down a little, the platform may slip a bit when you step back onto it if your strap isn’t super tight. Try it a number of times at ground level to get comfortable.

With the distance of the strap above the podium platform itself, a hanging step like the squirrel steps or treehopper steps should work well to have a pretty level platform + ROS.

Back