• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Straps +

Will it work

• Total voters
Has any one used these as a tether?? They are lighter than anything I've seen and have an adjustable length!! I'm going to order a pair and try them. They sell a lighter option but that only comes with a 5ft section of webbing. Most trees I'd hunt out of have a wider circumstance than 5 ft at the base.

The difference between this strap and a tether for life support is huge. While the rating is for 1500 lbs that is weight that is lying down and not falling and suddenly stopping. The rating for 1500 is 6.67 kN and I wouldn't trust anything that isn't rated for 19kN or 4000+ lbs. Plus it's only 5'...if you want webbing...I got rescue webbing that is rated for 6000lbs. Look up rescue webbing on the net or tubular webbing that is rated for 4000lbs. Eastern woods outdoors has it in stock...the tublar. I'd trust the webbing to support me while sleeping in my hammock but not 20+ feet in the tree.

I guess the question is, why? When there's such good choices out there for a tether with an acceptable weight rating that offer smart choices as a life support device.

It's designed to girth hitch a tree in order to hold a person's weight and it is adjustable. It just seemed to do everything a tether does but at an unbelievable weight. But I guess when it sounds too good to be true.

Back