• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Suit for sale

I received several texts today asking a lot of questions on these Treesuits. Hope I answered everyone ok. Just a few comments on these I have, first off they are unaltered in any way, all original. I call them the second generation ones that he made, they are rope and straps as opposed to rope and rope and they are in excellent condition.
Also, No you do not need an extra linemans belt, or second safety harness of any kind, like a sit drag would. it's all part of the suit. There is no bridge or tether it has a different type of attachment to the tree You are actually attached to the tree with the strap at about chest level.
"In my opinion".... con - if you are a ring of steps type of hunter you would be at a disadvantage because you have to slide the strap with both hands around the tree as you would go, so your bow is not in your hand, and there is too much noise for me. If you are a platform hunter ( I use an assassin) then you don't need to slide the strap so your ok. I tend to turn around on the platform for my off side and behind shots. Pro - to me as comfortable as a Guido's Web (minus the weight and bulk) for long sits. Also it is kind of nice not to have a tether hanging down in front of your face to negotiate your bow around.

Having said that, There is a learning curve, just like all saddle hunting. You need to spend time in the saddle of your choice. Keep at it, don't give up.

Thanks Brian,
Yes, It's all about practice. Way too many guys start out super fired up about saddle style hunting, then , next thing you know they are selling there stuff and giving up. There definitely is a learning curve you go through, but I feel it's well worth it no matter which saddle set up you decide on.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    580.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    520.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    590 KB · Views: 39
I think it was about 15 years ago I got my brand new tree suit in the mail during hunting season. I watched the dvd that came with it and went out the next morning and set up in the dark. I had a bachelor group of bucks come directly behind me and I managed to shoot one of them from my brand new tree suit. While I would recommend practicing, saddles aren't that hard to shoot from.

I still have my tree suit today and don't plan to sell it. I love it. I don't think anyone buying this will be disappointed.

Thanks Brian,
Yes, It's all about practice. Way too many guys start out super fired up about saddle style hunting, then , next thing you know they are selling there stuff and giving up. There definitely is a learning curve you go through, but I feel it's well worth it no matter which saddle set up you decide on.
What part of 804 are you located? I am also in the 804 and looking for my first saddle. Not very familiar with this one but sounds like a good one.

Powhatan,
Welcome! my cell is above feel free to call. In Shortpump today shopping and running errands.

Back