• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Suit

buckmeister

Anybody ever hunt out of the Tree Suit? I have two of them along with three Tree Saddles (Trophyline). The tree suit had some advantages over the Tree Saddle, one advantage was it was a lot cheaper. I may have to break down and buy a New Tribe Aero Hunter.

Yes, I do like my tree suit. Have used it about 10 years. The most important thing for me to remember is to plan ahead. Where I believe the shot will be ahead of time. I use a 62" Recurve and can shoot most any direction, but, there is no movement, when the intended target gets close that strap sliding around the tree can be a game changer. With that in mind, It has really been an enjoyable way to hunt though.

I LIKE MY TREE SUIT. THE HARD SEAT BECOMES A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE AFTER A FEW HOURS. I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW AERO HUNTER AND AFTER A FEW (THOUSAND) ADJUSTMENTS IT IS WAY MORE COMFORTABLE, QUIETER, AND BETTER RANGE OF MOTION THAN THE SUIT. I ONLY PAID $50 FOR THE SUIT, BRAND NEW, AT A SPORTING STORE CLOSE OUT. THE NEW SADDLE HAS SET ME BACK QUITE A BIT MORE. MONEY WELL SPENT. I WILL PROBABLY KEEP MY SUIT FOR SETTING UP NEW TREES. AFTER I GET THE BOLTS PUT IN I INSTALL A 30 FOOT LIFELINE. THEN I ATTACH MY SUIT AND CAN SIT AT ANY HEIGHT ALONG THE WAY UP. THIS MAKES PUTTING THE BOLTS AROUND THE TREE MUCH EASIER THAN ALL THAT REACHING AROUND THE TREE.

Back