• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree-suit

D.AKINS

Just got a new tree suit platform in. Looks like some upgrades from previous model. This one has a strip of teeth on each vertical bars.
I put it on a Elm in the yard, didn’t squeak or crack in a hasty trial.

Attachments

• 9B7C630E-B7A9-45FE-ADCE-26E6FB66CAA6.jpeg
    9B7C630E-B7A9-45FE-ADCE-26E6FB66CAA6.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 92013BB2-DE77-4669-99EA-43B8BF25A18B.jpeg
    92013BB2-DE77-4669-99EA-43B8BF25A18B.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 143
Looks nice. The one I have has some teeth on it but not near as aggressive as that. Once I wrapped the legs in vet tape I haven't had a problem on any tree at all.

Just got a new tree suit platform in. Looks like some upgrades from previous model. This one has a strip of teeth on each vertical bars.
I put it on a Elm in the yard, didn’t squeak or crack in a hasty trial.

For around $10, try this experiment.

Get an OCB strap and buckle (with safety hook) from tree hopper (you should call the number). Thread the strap through the top horizontal tube that is by the tree. Tighten the OCB buckle.

It takes it to another level for me, it is on so solidly. You can also put tree hopper steps on the strap and make it a hybrid platform/ring of steps and the steps don't budge and can take side pressure.

Wow wish the one I had and returned had those kind of teeth on it. I might have kept it then. Couldn’t get it to stay tight and if I did, it would squeak most of the time. Guessing/hoping those aggressive teeth fixed those problems for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow wish the one I had and returned had those kind of teeth on it. I might have kept it then. Couldn’t get it to stay tight and if I did, it would squeak most of the time. Guessing/hoping those aggressive teeth fixed those problems for the most part.

I would have traded my aggressive teeth version with you. I don't like how they won't let it set.

I've only fiddled a little so maybe I'll figure it out. I'm trying the OCB through the tube idea today. Maybe that gets it so tight it can't/doesn't need to set. I also like the idea of one or two additional steps on there.

Definitely don't want a squeak.

I would have traded my aggressive teeth version with you. I don't like how they won't let it set.

I've only fiddled a little so maybe I'll figure it out. I'm trying the OCB through the tube idea today. Maybe that gets it so tight it can't/doesn't need to set. I also like the idea of one or two additional steps on there.

Definitely don't want a squeak.

I see. Was wondering about that actually after I wrote that. The one I had before had the really small ridges on the legs. To set mine before, I had to push down as hard as I could on the back of it over top of the legs. Then once I was on it, I put my hell’s over top of the legs and did like a half jump once or twice and that set it even tighter. But there were several instances where that wasn’t even enough to keep the squeak out.

For around $10, try this experiment.

Get an OCB strap and buckle (with safety hook) from tree hopper (you should call the number). Thread the strap through the top horizontal tube that is by the tree. Tighten the OCB buckle.

It takes it to another level for me, it is on so solidly. You can also put tree hopper steps on the strap and make it a hybrid platform/ring of steps and the steps don't budge and can take side pressure.
Tried the OCB through the tube tonight and it made a huge difference. It was so tight that it didn't need to set down at all, so the aggressive teeth made no difference in that process. Zero pull away from tree. And zero noise. When I popped the OCB at the end the Treesuit just hung there stuck on the tree. Pretty impressive.

Great little platform. Just enough space to be comfy but not too much. Uber light! I think it's a keeper.

Back