• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree tether "keeper".

deleted_user01

Here's a simple addition to your tree tether to keep it from going slack and dropping when it's "un-loaded.

I used two rubber grommets for my Samson Predator. 1/2" and a 7/16". The 1/2" is relatively snug but larger in OD for the stopper and the 7/16" keeps it tight to the loop. 20170131_190039.jpg

Here's a simple addition to your tree tether to keep it from going slack and dropping when it's "un-loaded.

I used two rubber grommets for my Samson Predator. 1/2" and a 7/16". The 1/2" is relatively snug but larger in OD for the stopper and the 7/16" keeps it tight to the loop. View attachment 1976
Good idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice idea. I just made a very tight eye splice. It works well too.

I love this site! Yall always come up with great ideas. I am using those big rubber twist ties to keep the lineman belt and tether attached to my Rock Climbing harness. I think I will use one of those to accomplish the same thing when it is in use!

I always have just ran my tag in thru the loop twice and I never falls. They used to tell you to do this when the rope was just coming into play forbthe harnesses. I still like the rubber stopper idea to

I have a tight eye that I run around the tree and put a biners in the eye and on the other part of the line I put the Prussic and then run the biner through the eyes on the prussic (an eye to eye spliced cord). This allows me to push the prussic towards the tree and snug everything up so when the strain is put on the rope by my body weight the prussic cinches down and keeps everything tight. When I get a chance I will try and post a pic to show this.

Back