• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper system and bolts for big guys?

Rpd3d

280 lbs here, prolly 3 bills with all hunting gear on. Will the 3/8 inch grade 8 bolts be strong enough? Does anybody use longer than 6 inch bolts?

what size bit for the 3/8 inch bolt?

Last edited:
250 and size 15 boots, the bolts are my new favorite way to climb. Get the hand drill and bolts set. I am not even pre setting bolts anymore. The hand drill makes it so easy. I will measure the bit size Sunday. The hand drill is already in my pack which is locked in my truck for tomorrow morning or I would measure it now.

250 and size 15 boots, the bolts are my new favorite way to climb. Get the hand drill and bolts set. I am not even pre setting bolts anymore. The hand drill makes it so easy. I will measure the bit size Sunday. The hand drill is already in my pack which is locked in my truck for tomorrow morning or I would measure it now.

thanks, from research on here the bit is 10 mm. I will be ordering the Treehopper system and bolts tomorrow.

ed52b8032126f5c6a72571d10ef683cf.jpg

260 15 boot invest in the drill attachment if u plan on pre setting in spring.. I buy bolts on eBay 32$ for 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewalt 20 volt and 3-4 charged batteries. I use that for pre sets and the hand drill during season.

280 lbs here, prolly 3 bills with all hunting gear on. Will the 3/8 inch grade 8 bolts be strong enough? Does anybody use longer than 6 inch bolts?

what size bit for the 3/8 inch bolt?
I am 285 and the bolts work just fine for me Just keep your instep close to the tree I did bend a couple bolts but i got out on the end a little drilling big trees

Back