• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper Tree-Suit Platform strap

Romulan

Hey guys - from the website and videos I’ve seen the platform comes with a cam buckle with the j-hook. My buddy’s platform came in today and it has a buckle we’ve haven’t seen and don’t know how to use it - I’ve pasted pictures below

Last edited:
It's a regular OCB. The pin with the spring on it just keeps the OCB from detaching.

Call Mark & take it up with him.. I ordered one last week & he told me that this is going to be the new standard buckle on the platforms. That they’ve found it works better with the new serrated teeth design.

He can also send you some info on how to use it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had a chance to stand on it for some hours - first impressions:

- the platform alone is super nice - great build quality - probably spray insulation foam and cover the legs with stealth strips since it can get pretty loud/noisy. If you’re super careful and make sure you don’t accidentally knock it with something hard it’s quite, but in the dark you might hit it against a tree or climbing stick

- I’m not a fan of the buckle system since it’s clanging and if I don’t cover this thing with stealth strips or something similar- I might as well be singing while trying to cinch this on a tree. Maybe if I was given the OCB with one end sewn to the metal loop/d-ring it could be quieter, but the buckle is attached using the metal j-hook. I can see the simplicity of the OCB but having to thread this in the dark while one end is attached using the metal j-hook is just asking for some serious noise.I’m no expert (obviously) but why not just use the cam buckle with a versa type system?

I’ll definitely have to purchase a different strap with a cam buckle or something a little more quiet and idiot proof - on a side note: since there may be some “white knights” this is in no way a criticism of Mark or Treehopper - he has been extremely helpful to a newbie like myself- I really like and enjoy his recon sling and his platform- unfortunately I’m not the best at messing around with buckles and straps.

Had a chance to stand on it for some hours - first impressions:

- the platform alone is super nice - great build quality - probably spray insulation foam and cover the legs with stealth strips since it can get pretty loud/noisy. If you’re super careful and make sure you don’t accidentally knock it with something hard it’s quite, but in the dark you might hit it against a tree or climbing stick

- I’m not a fan of the buckle system since it’s clanging and if I don’t cover this thing with stealth strips or something similar- I might as well be singing while trying to cinch this on a tree. Maybe if I was given the OCB with one end sewn to the metal loop/d-ring it could be quieter, but the buckle is attached using the metal j-hook. I can see the simplicity of the OCB but having to thread this in the dark while one end is attached using the metal j-hook is just asking for some serious noise.I’m no expert (obviously) but why not just use the cam buckle with a versa type system?

I’ll definitely have to purchase a different strap with a cam buckle or something a little more quiet and idiot proof - on a side note: since there may be some “white knights” this is in no way a criticism of Mark or Treehopper - he has been extremely helpful to a newbie like myself- I really like and enjoy his recon sling and his platform- unfortunately I’m not the best at messing around with buckles and straps.

Why thread it? Leave the buckle on the strap, slide/adjust it to where you need it & then hook in the J..

I’ve been thinking about the spray foam my self, & I’ve wrapped my d ring.

Mark offers or did, a standard cam buckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nchunter1989 is correct - if you leave it threaded and just stealth strip the metal d-loop then it'll be all good and super quiet...just practice with your equipment -however, since I hunt public lands only and try to be as light as possible I want to try OOAL straight platform - btw, Treehopper sling/saddle is awesome I've spent almost 6 hours at one time and had no problems!! I can adjust top half high enough to support back and lower half to support legs and try not to sleep! (freaking love their sling/saddle) - might try H2 saddle just for a comparison (I'll try to do a video once season is over). I've been trying to convert all of my hunting equipment to USA made - I can really see the difference in quality in USA made vs Overseas made equipment (customer service, weld quality) - I've convinced a buddy of mine to save a couple more months to buy a Lone Wolf USA made hang-on than to spend money on a XOP Overseas made treestand.

Back