• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper Tree-Suit Set-Up Help!

Hawkeye Bowhunter

I have a tree-suit platform and I can not get it tight enough to the tree no matter what I try. Suggestions and sage advice appreciated. Any one know if there is a decent YouTube video out there on this subject? Thanks in advance,

I have a tree-suit platform and I can not get it tight enough to the tree no matter what I try. Suggestions and sage advice appreciated. Any one know if there is a decent YouTube video out there on this subject? Thanks in advance,
I don’t know how the new large teeth work but with the original teeth one here is what I did. Grab the strap and pull it tight and make sure the platform is level. Once tight enough to the tree to hold itself, firmly grab the strap, give yourself some slack and then pop the strap. When you go to stand on the platform place your heels as close to the tree as possible and then do a little jump. You’ll feel the the platform set into place. You should be good to go from there. You may get a little pull away from the tree but nothing worth concerning about.

You got the one with the OCB buckle strap or the old school strap or something else?

Run the strap through the v shaped tubing where it meets the tree. There is a vid by nutterbuster showing this on yt. I used a ratchet strap on mine because I had two squirrel steps on it as well.

Run the strap through the v shaped tubing where it meets the tree. There is a vid by nutterbuster showing this on yt. I used a ratchet strap on mine because I had two squirrel steps on it as well.

This does hold it tighter, but....I put mine on a narrow tree and the legs went around it and I bulged my tubing out when stepping on it (leverage) because of this. It worked great up until that point. I would do it again, but just never hunt a skinny tree.

Thanks for the help guys. I have the safety j hook strap on mine. Wondering if an OCB strap might be better? I tried to run the strap through the tubing without success. The tube is too narrow to get the strap through.

Thanks for the help guys. I have the safety j hook strap on mine. Wondering if an OCB strap might be better? I tried to run the strap through the tubing without success. The tube is too narrow to get the strap through.

The strap is the same- the J hook will snap inside the other buckle. The OCB definitely makes a difference in tightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This does hold it tighter, but....I put mine on a narrow tree and the legs went around it and I bulged my tubing out when stepping on it (leverage) because of this. It worked great up until that point. I would do it again, but just never hunt a skinny tree.
Never hunted one that skinny I guess. I had trouble turning around on it sometimes and quit using it, but I liked having the strap the same height as the platform.

Back