• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper Ultimate Saddle

Mark is the man. He did a longer bridge for me. I like a hand spliced bridge... good quality rope.
Please note I retied the hitch into a schwabish and added a carabiner.
Lots of surface area on this saddle.
Thought I would add some photos, as I have many. Great video review.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210123-212219_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212219_Gallery.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 98
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212209_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212209_Gallery.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 98
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212157_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212157_Gallery.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 93
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212144_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212144_Gallery.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 91
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212130_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212130_Gallery.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212121_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212121_Gallery.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 90
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212100_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212100_Gallery.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 89
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212048_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212048_Gallery.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 82
  • SmartSelect_20210123-212036_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210123-212036_Gallery.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: RLM
Mark is the man. He did a longer bridge for me. I like a hand spliced bridge... good quality rope.
Please note I retied the hitch into a schwabish and added a carabiner.
Lots of surface area on this saddle.
Thought I would add some photos, as I have many. Great video review.
I like it. Reminds me of my Cruzr xc but with some additional factory mods.

Thats weird. I ordered a recon yesterday and didn’t see any other saddle on his website. It’s almost like it’s a secret saddle or something. At some point I hope there’s a saddle company that figures out marketing.

Thats weird. I ordered a recon yesterday and didn’t see any other saddle on his website. It’s almost like it’s a secret saddle or something. At some point I hope there’s a saddle company that figures out marketing.
Its not on market yet just a few. I have one its awesome. Not everyone has marketing ploys that tetherd does
Im actually gonna sell mine after now having 4 saddles.

Its not on market yet just a few. I have one its awesome. Not everyone has marketing ploys that tetherd does
Im actually gonna sell mine after now having 4 saddles.
That was my point, seem saddle companies market in 2 ways, overhype and under deliver or have products that you have to “know a guy” to even have knowledge of its existence much less get your hands on. Yeah yeah growing pains and all, just hoping one day I can see a product (not just selected images that highlight things or hide flaws), get relevant info (accurate weights, materials, country or origin, etc), and be able purchase it (not let them hold my money for 3-4 months while they go buy the stuff and build it). I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I hope this saddle does well for them, not trying to poop on Treehopper, my experience with them has been positive. I would rank them just behind EWO as far as Greatest Saddle Hunting Retail Operations of All Time.

Last edited:
That was my point, seem saddle companies market in 2 ways, overhype and under deliver or have products that you have to “know a guy” to even have knowledge of its existence much less get your hands on. Yeah yeah growing pains and all, just hoping one day I can see a product (not just selected images that highlight things or hide flaws), get relevant info (accurate weights, materials, country or origin, etc), and be able purchase it (not let them hold my money for 3-4 months while the go buy the stuff and build it). I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I hope this saddle does well for them, not trying to poo-pop on Treehopper, my experience with them has been positive.
Oh man i agree 1 hundred percent. That is just where its going these days.
Sadly its all about a following
Marketing can be a very nasty and very misleading.
the world is so stuck on following certain things and then regurgitation of whatever that is to seek some kind of stardom or noteriety.
Free this free that. Everyone wants to be a prostaffer lmao. I love the statement i get all the time. I am a tester or prostaff for them lol.
For example these new tethered sticks.
Noone has them, they arent available, out of stock yet i see like 10 youtube reviews on them. lmao.
The ones thst crack me up and are the ones who do reviews on products that when you dig a bit you find out that the one reviewing is part owner of the product being reviewed. Lmao. Ummmm welll lol
Thats what i call hidden ploys
They are really out of hand. I will call it i guess misleading.
its part of the reason i decided to recently not buy from certain companies.
i just dont like the ploys snd bs they are putting out there.
are they selling good equipment? Yes im sure but i cant stand when a company says you need this to be successful. Especially when talking deer hunting.
People need to find things and learn things on thier own. Do not be like me the last few years and try to mimic things one guy does or what he uses. Honestly it doesnt work.
Huge mistake
anyway. I agree 100%

That was my point, seem saddle companies market in 2 ways, overhype and under deliver or have products that you have to “know a guy” to even have knowledge of its existence much less get your hands on. Yeah yeah growing pains and all, just hoping one day I can see a product (not just selected images that highlight things or hide flaws), get relevant info (accurate weights, materials, country or origin, etc), and be able purchase it (not let them hold my money for 3-4 months while they go buy the stuff and build it). I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I hope this saddle does well for them, not trying to poop on Treehopper, my experience with them has been positive. I would rank them just behind EWO as far as Greatest Saddle Hunting Retail Operations of All Time.
Most, if not all the saddle makers and and saddle supply companies are what I would consider “small businesses”. Saddle hunting in general is not quite mainstream so they’ve got us, the saddle hunter as their only market. We, the customer use YouTube and forums to check out new equipment and techniques to improve and see what’s out there. I’m sure all of the companies have numbers of prototype saddles out there. They use opinions from those who experiment with their products to improve and make better for us. Once they have a final product that they want to actually distribute, they’ll give it to people who do product reviews on YouTube, as it’s their only marketing option.. They want people to be interested in their product before it goes into production and starts selling. Now, the tetherd “one” sticks are out of control, crazy. They’ve been on their website since early fall and still nothing, but they sure have people talking... I agree, we all learn the reputable companies out there and I will support them. It’s definitely a learning curve. Having said that, you can’t expect to order a saddle in the middle of season and expect it immediately. We aren’t ordering from McDonald’s. No happy meals. Supply and demand. The demand, in season, is more than a small business can handle, therefore you get long wait times.

Most, if not all the saddle makers and and saddle supply companies are what I would consider “small businesses”. Saddle hunting in general is not quite mainstream so they’ve got us, the saddle hunter as their only market. We, the customer use YouTube and forums to check out new equipment and techniques to improve and see what’s out there. I’m sure all of the companies have numbers of prototype saddles out there. They use opinions from those who experiment with their products to improve and make better for us. Once they have a final product that they want to actually distribute, they’ll give it to people who do product reviews on YouTube, as it’s their only marketing option.. They want people to be interested in their product before it goes into production and starts selling. Now, the tetherd “one” sticks are out of control, crazy. They’ve been on their website since early fall and still nothing, but they sure have people talking... I agree, we all learn the reputable companies out there and I will support them. It’s definitely a learning curve. Having said that, you can’t expect to order a saddle in the middle of season and expect it immediately. We aren’t ordering from McDonald’s. No happy meals. Supply and demand. The demand, in season, is more than a small business can handle, therefore you get long wait times.

Just saw this and thought I’d share!
Just clip the leg loops without going around your legs...problem solved without fumbling around with gear ties :rolleyes:
They ride behind you between the saddle and your body and don't get caught on anything. Just remember to put them around your legs at the base of the tree if wanted.

Last edited:
Back