• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treesuit

Bowhunter41002

I have a treesuit with a whoopie sling for the linesman rope and a whoopie sling on each side of the seat. Anybody know how this thing works?

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpeg
    IMG_6511.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 52
I had an original treesuit when they came out and the one you are showing does not look original. It only had the whoopie sling for the line mans belt. There was a long strap that connected under the seat and came up and went around the tree and connected with another very short strap with metal rings on each side. I have never seen one with the whoopie slings on each side of the strap that goes under the seat and I have no idea how that would work (or if would be safe).

What does work well with the treesuit though is to take the strap that is under the seat (take off the whoopie slings) and sew a bridge onto that. Then use it with a tether and get right up to the tree like you are hugging it. It is very low profile and surprisingly comfortable. I hunted like this for about 15 years. I still do once in a while. I will see if I can dig out my treesuit today and snap a picture of how I have mine.

One more safety thing I thought of, when I hunt out of my treesuit I use a rock climbing harness as a backup. Mine is sewn by me and it is over 20 years or more old. I don't trust my life with it.

I have been thinking about your treesuit and looked at the picture again. This may be a different version of the treesuit and I would say you can just take the whoopie sling on the right and wrap it around the tree and hook it to itself and then do the same with the left and it would function just like my original treesuit did. Then let the treesuit seat rest against the tree and hunt like that. I am pretty sure that is how this version is meant to be used.

Last edited:
Back