• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophy Line Launch Logistics

DB4x4

Trophy Line has waited to launch their kit until they have a bunch of stock on hand.

My question...

...Do you think they will sell out during the initial launch, and if so, how long do you think it will take?

Thoughts?

I’m guessing they won’t sell out. Their launch plan hinges on having stock on hand. My guess is they had a fancy math formula that involved the number of registered saddlehunter forum members minus the number of posters In The mantis shipping thread and made a best guess on the number of saddles they need on hand to satisfy the first week demand.

Now availabilty in a particular size might be an issue. How many sizes are they offering?

Anyone know how long they have been manufacturing and stocking up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very interested to see how that shakes out. I think they genuinely believe they can keep up with the demand. I know they have a ton of saddles on hand, and they've done what they can to make sure they hit the ground running. Large inventory has its expenses and risks, so there's obviously a balancing act.

Their saddle is quite simple from a manufacturing point of view, and they've already chosen the outsourcing route, which gives them an edge. If they don't get blown away in the first few weeks, I think they'll then know what demand is and be able to stay ahead of the curve.

This would be a mistake. In my experience already owning a saddle doesn't stop a saddle Hunter from buying a saddle. :)

Agree but my only frame of reference is this forum and everyone here is crazy.

In my head it’s either the TL or the Yarak for me. This season however I’ll be rocking my sit drag and fleece once I make it.

Agree but my only frame of reference is this forum and everyone here is crazy.

In my head it’s either the TL or the Yarak for me. This season however I’ll be rocking my sit drag and fleece once I make it.

I thought I was a tethrd guy until their ship dates kept slipping, i jumped on a used Kestrel, and figured out I liked it nore than the mantis when it finally arrived.

Unless you've sat in them, it's still just a guess.

I have a mantis and a Flex... I've had two sits with my flex for a total of 10 hours and it's a lot more comfortable than the mantis. TL looks promising and I can't wait to have my first sit. I might end up selling my Mantis.

Back