• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophy Line Prusik Cords

Kowi Anukasha

Has anyone else not liked the prusik that came with the new Trophy Line? I have a few hunts out of the TL now and this is the only real gripe I have with the whole system. At first I thought it was a little long but after measuring it against one that I had ordered off amazon it was the same length so I guess I got the big eye on it. But in using it on a few hunts I've found it to be pretty difficult to adjust, but mainly on just the tether the linesman never really weight loaded. On the good side that thing bites extremely well but I have to fight it pretty hard to adjust if it has had weight on it. Gonna swap it for a sewn 8mm cord I had on the sit drag for this weekend hunt.

Its not the length that makes it difficult to contend with. Its the diameter of the rope. Thinner rope will grab better and quicker, and consequently will be more difficult to move after being loaded.

The length made my tether too high that’s why I shortened it.
Instead of placing it higher up you can just wrap around more times. Either that or just cut off the excess and melt the ends, then retie the double fisherman's knot. and you need three full wraps for it to grab.

Sorry, I think iwas adressing the wrong comment. I was addressing the hard to adjust comment. Thats because of the diameter of the rope. If you want an easier to adjust prussik get slightly thicker rope. But not too thick. I think the reccomended is 30% thinner than your lifeline.

View attachment 19177Here is what I went this morning and it worked great. Much easier to adjust. I did go an extra rap making the prusik just to shorten it a bit.
Just wanted to follow up to see if you were still satisfied with the sewn prusik or found a better option. I just recently purchased a Trophyline saddle and have been in many fights with their prusik cords. Once it bites, it does not want to adjust. I just found this thread and figured that I would get your advice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back