• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophy Ridge Hotwire 3 pin Bowsight

beef78

This sight is a 3 pin with an adjustable 3rd pin. The concept is really cool. You only have 3 pins to get in your way, but you have the option to put a sticker on the sight and shoot out past your “standard” 3 pin ranges.
The “micro adjusts” are very handy. It was easy to sight in. There is no click when you adjust. However, small incremental changes on the pins and the whole housing are easy. The sight feels a little heavy. I hoped this meant it would be durable.
The third pin adjustment to shoot out to further ranges sticks when adjusting. It’s not what I would consider to be precise enough to shoot at a live animal, but good for target practice.
Last week, I messed up a shot on deer (25 yards). Went home and checked my zero and my aim was off. I usually check my the night before every hunt, but, I didn’t have the opportunity to this hunt.
I went to adjust the sight and the anchor point for the lock pin for the horizontal adjustment sheared off. I did not apply an abnormal amount of force and I have not done anything that would cause it to break.
I shot an email to their customer service and they are sending me a new one.
I give the sight 5 stars for concept, 2 for durability (it did last 8 months) and Trophy Ridge customer service gets 5 stars.
I understand that not everything is perfect and thing break. It’s our responsibility to check our equipment and expect it to fail and be prepared when it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back