• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline advice

Hailey_Phillips

SH Member
Hey guys, just bought a TL ambush mesh saddle. It should be here sometime towards the end of this coming week. It’s had the leg straps cut, and if it came with shoulder straps, they’re cut too.

6137af4332b7323cff1cd0eabb6b408d.jpg
76230de6635cec328ec3ae0cc6ce8380.jpg

Any tips for using this saddle? I have a diy saddle I’ve been using with a RC harness. I have all the tethers and linesman ropes you could ever imagine.
Just wondering if any one has any tips or tricks they’d like to share.
I’m assuming that I will still need the RC harness since the straps have been cut, which isn’t a problem. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been hunting out of mine ( TL mesh med) since 2006 with no leg or shoulder straps. It's perfect. It originally didn't come with straps for many years. Neither did the Anderson sling.They were added for TMA reasons. I just replaced it this year with an aero hunter size 2 kite. Just wanted to preserve my ambush even though it still looks new. Anyway I think it's perfect the way you have it. I cut the leg straps off my kite right out of the box lol.

I been hunting out of mine ( TL mesh med) since 2006 with no leg or shoulder straps. It's perfect. It originally didn't come with straps for many years. Neither did the Anderson sling.They were added for TMA reasons. I just replaced it this year with an aero hunter size 2 kite. Just wanted to preserve my ambush even though it still looks new. Anyway I think it's perfect the way you have it. I cut the leg straps off my kite right out of the box lol.

How would you keep it from falling down while walking/climbing? I was thinking maybe use a riggers belt, and if I liked it I could sew it in place inside the saddle.

Also, has anyone ever cut the leg straps off a RC harness and used it like a riggers belt? I messed around in mine earlier with the leg straps unbuckled, and i don’t see anyway of coming out of it. It’s not comfortable to hang from if you were trying to one-stick climb, but I sure wasn’t slipping through

Add tool belt suspenders to it, that’s what a lot of guys do. Some guys also just make paracord straps for it. I’ll show you a pic of the one I bought. It has the shoulder straps cut out as well but has tool belt straps to hold it up walking in.
a8508a50dc89370be9963cb9ea567d08.jpg

When you receive the saddle you will see that there are 2 straps that make up your bridge. Pull the outer strap to the right and it will tighten everything up. Now you can walk while wearing the saddle. I have hacked all of the flimsy garbage suspenders off of all of my TL except for one and the ones that have been preserved for the museum. The leg straps are virtually useless unless you decide to use your saddle to drag a deer. Some models came with a loop designed for this purpose. The saddle that you bought had it but it was also cut off.

When you receive the saddle you will see that there are 2 straps that make up your bridge. Pull the outer strap to the right and it will tighten everything up. Now you can walk while wearing the saddle. I have hacked all of the flimsy garbage suspenders off of all of my TL except for one and the ones that have been preserved for the museum. The leg straps are virtually useless unless you decide to use your saddle to drag a deer. Some models came with a loop designed for this purpose. The saddle that you bought had it but it was also cut off.

Thanks for the info huck!

So do you wear a RC harness along with a TL when the straps are cut?

Never!!!! I’ve been using a TL for 20 years and never felt the need for it. You aren’t falling out of that saddle.

Music to my ears! I may wear one the first couple times I use it just for peace of mind until I’m more comfortable in it

Music to my ears! I may wear one the first couple times I use it just for peace of mind until I’m more comfortable in it

You will love it. Huck let me borrow one this year and I love it. I tried a few other saddles and was ready to give up until I found this one. For my body type and the way I like to wear the saddle it works the best. I never used the leg straps but like Huck said, always hook into both bridge straps. I’m thinking about experimenting with a new bridge this season. I may buy another TL just to try. If you want to sale yours let me know, don’t sale it to that Huck guy he owns a billion already LOL

You will love it. Huck let me borrow one this year and I love it. I tried a few other saddles and was ready to give up until I found this one. For my body type and the way I like to wear the saddle it works the best. I never used the leg straps but like Huck said, always hook into both bridge straps. I’m thinking about experimenting with a new bridge this season. I may buy another TL just to try. If you want to sale yours let me know, don’t sale it to that Huck guy he owns a billion already LOL

:p:p

Back