• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Covert?

arkfan

What is your opinion of this saddle from those of you that own one or maybe used to own one but got rid of it for whatever reason?

I really like mine. I have owned several and have sat in even more. I started out saddle hunting about 8 years ago with the original TL saddle. It checks all the boxes for me. I dont have any issues with saddle comfort. I am 6' 220.

I got one today and only had a few minutes to look at it and try it before I had to go to work so I don’t really have much of an opinion on it yet. One thing I did notice was the buckles to make adjustments were hard to use and it seemed to sort of crawl up on me a little.

I love mine and also switched to the Covert Lite from the original TL. I did add a webbing bridge which I prefer over the stock adjustable bridge because it gives me more freedom of movement without a prussic hitting the carabiner.

I love mine and also switched to the Covert Lite from the original TL. I did add a webbing bridge which I prefer over the stock adjustable bridge because it gives me more freedom of movement without a prussic hitting the carabiner.

I agree with this. I also feel like the webbing slides smoother in the carabiner. I did not need an adjustable bridge.

Reactions: JDB
I got one today and only had a few minutes to look at it and try it before I had to go to work so I don’t really have much of an opinion on it yet. One thing I did notice was the buckles to make adjustments were hard to use and it seemed to sort of crawl up on me a little.

They may be tough to adjust, but the converse is once set, they stay in place

Yeah, they definitely arent gonna slide on you. I got everything adjusted for the most part and played around with and sat it in it for about half an hour today in the backyard and so far I think Im going to like it.

Back