• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline mod - adding lineman loops

avgjoe

I've got a TL Ambush that I've had for years, that I've never liked the built in lineman belt. It's heavy, loud, and hard to adjust while you're climbing. I just bought a speedy stitcher, and I'm seriously considering cutting the ends off the lineman belt and fashioning it into loops on either side that I could use with a rope lineman belt, carabiner, and a ropeman1. Anybody ever tried this? I'm looking for suggestions/advice.
I guess worst case scenario I get a new saddle before next year....

I’m about to do this on a TL I have as well. It’ll be a few weeks before I get it finished but there’s no way I’m leaving that big permanent lineman’s rope on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it done before. I'm really not a fan of the way that old model lineman's belt worked. It worked much better when they went to the version with the built in lineman's loops.

I've seen it done before. I'm really not a fan of the way that old model lineman's belt worked. It worked much better when they went to the version with the built in lineman's loops.

couldn’t agree more. The newer lineman loops are 100x better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it, works great. I would post a pic but my cousin has it. Cut it, loop it, sew it and done.

That was one of my first modification to my TL. I can’t seem to get photos to load. I’m sure it’s user error. I just used my speed stitcher. Very happy with my results. Would really like to do it with the bridge but not confident enough with my sewing skills

I need to do this to my Greens ... I cut it already and saved about 10 inches, I hope that is long enough. I will probably bring it to a seamstress tho as I do not sew, as of now

Back