• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trying out a mesh sit drag

243SuperRC

This is my fourth DIY saddle project. Started with a simple fleece hammock seat, then a fleece saddle, and next was mesh saddle. I liked the features of the mesh saddle but it wasn't comfortable. To get halfway comfortable I would have to loosen the waist belt and leg straps and pull the seat down/lower. The dimensions of the mesh saddle is 28" x 13" with the bottom edge slightly curved. The new saddle is bigger and simple, a basic mesh sit drag (28" x 18"). No waist belt or leg straps, rectangular shape. Tried it out today and it feels much more comfortable.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

I was in Kroger of all places and came across some bottles of Rit dye. I wanted to darken up the mesh, so I dyed the mesh sit drag a dark brown.

Here is a picture of the difference the dye made.

image.jpeg

Back