• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trying to figure out the best way to tie into this buckstep / rope mod

Chrighton

SH Member
I'm trying to figure out the best way to tie into this buckstep with the tag end of a rope... there's gotta be an easy way, like a dock cleat or something. Any knot experts wanna help a brother out?

Last edited:
Pics

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191011-224029_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191011-224029_Gallery.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 80
  • SmartSelect_20191011-224002_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191011-224002_Gallery.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 80
Nevermind I think I got what I'm gonna do... but for anyone who cares I was kinda looking for this versa button style cinch.
Not the lightest, but a great step.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191011-230815_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191011-230815_Gallery.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 69
  • SmartSelect_20191011-232409_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191011-232409_Gallery.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Nevermind I think I got what I'm gonna do... but for anyone who cares I was kinda looking for this versa button style cinch.
How are those steps? They look comfortable for climbing but heavy?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That looks like it might need another loop just in case. This also seems to me a great candidate for an amsteel daisy chain

I agree I can use another loop. I've tried the versa straps... all versions and they don't get as tight as I'd like.

Hi Chrighton. I use bucksteps also. Was thinking about versa straps or similar. Glad I saw this. What type of rope is that and what is the working load? Do you happen to have a link to it, or know where to purchase? Same question for the camo tape on your sticks. Also, it that tape padded?

Hi Chrighton. I use bucksteps also. Was thinking about versa straps or similar. Glad I saw this. What type of rope is that and what is the working load? Do you happen to have a link to it, or know where to purchase? Same question for the camo tape on your sticks. Also, it that tape padded?
Best option for me had been Samson 6mm accessory cord. Rated at 2,200 lbs. per Wesspur's website. Pretty sure it's the same cord Tethrd sells as a prusik loop on all tethers/LBs.
Camo tape is stealth strips - go to there website... good stuff.

How are those steps? They look comfortable for climbing but heavy?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've always liked these.. I like that these can also be used for platform. With this rope mod I may see how one sticking could work.

Back