• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trying to get setup for saddle hunting

Rmcmanus

New to saddle hunting, has anyone tried a SOB rock climbing arborist rope grab. It's about half the price of ropeman 1 on ebay. Just not sure if it would work as a replacement. Just trying to get an economical setup to see if saddle hunting is for me.

New to saddle hunting, has anyone tried a SOB rock climbing arborist rope grab. It's about half the price of ropeman 1 on ebay. Just not sure if it would work as a replacement. Just trying to get an economical setup to see if saddle hunting is for me.
I looked long and hard at it. Although I'm not going to say it's safe or quality because i dont know. I can tell you that my company does a lot of sourcing from China (automotive) and the majority of the time, the products we buy for the aftermarket come out of the exact same plants that the OE comes out of. A lot of companies wont pay for tooling or patent their idea because of expense and the amount of time to recoup that cost. So, take it for what it's worth. Also, the days of thinking China=junk are long since past. Sure theres a lot of junk made there but theres also a lot of junk made here so....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I looked long and hard at it. Although I'm not going to say it's safe or quality because i dont know. I can tell you that my company does a lot of sourcing from China (automotive) and the majority of the time, the products we buy for the aftermarket come out of the exact same plants that the OE comes out of. A lot of companies wont pay for tooling or patent their idea because of expense and the amount of time to recoup that cost. So, take it for what it's worth. Also, the days of thinking China=junk are long since past. Sure theres a lot of junk made there but theres also a lot of junk made here so....

PS I buy a ton of stuff off Wish, the only down side is delivery time.

Back