• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey Chair in a Tree

Sipsey

I have killed a few turkeys but am not a turkey hunter; however, I find those folding camo, low slung turkey chairs to be equivalent to an outdoor recliner. I find them great for long sits. Since comfort is the key to reduced movement and extended stand time I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to "fit" a turkey chair on say a 1/2" piece of plywood into a guido type setup?

LOL I tried one of those non folding, bottom angled based, cross web ones. Its not comfortable on the ground, wasnt any better in the air. I might pick up one of the folding type you guys posted for turkey hunting, cause I like comfort.

I discovered this thing for ground hunting when no good trees are around. I use the short roll up blind on fiberglass stakes and stretch it in front and on both sides. It is more comfortable than it looks. There are several brands but they are all basically the same. This one is from Walmart online for less than $20.00.

I discovered this thing for ground hunting when no good trees are around. I use the short roll up blind on fiberglass stakes and stretch it in front and on both sides. It is more comfortable than it looks. There are several brands but they are all basically the same. This one is from Walmart online for less than $20.00.

I LOVE the Cabela's Gobbler Lounger and Predator Lounger. Looks like what you have is very similar.
I hope you can figure it out but I think you'll end up with something closer to what Ricky posted above. The turkey seats have an angle so that your butt slides back and down, leaving your knees above your butt. This works fine with your feet are on the ground. However, when you go to stand up you will be fighting against that angle. That could make shooting tough/impossible with good form. Also, if you can't find a way to offset the angle when you are sitting, you will likely be adding pressure to the back of your legs... OR sit so low that you have to make a lot of movement to stand up for a shot.

I love my turkey thugs chair...aint no better place to sit if you are being stationary for long periods.

Back