• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey Hunting

CrackbottomLouis

I'm going along well with my recurve practice preparing for the next season. See ing a lot of pics of Turkeys taken with a bow. Especially on the traditional thread.

I've always hunted Turkey from the ground. Are you guys up in the tree with a saddle for turkey hunting? If I can get comfortable enough with my skill level I might go after some turkey and hog before deer season next year.

I actually have shot some turkeys from the saddle, got up just high enough into the canopy, like in a cedar, but when I used to hunt with a gun I loved to run and gun, couldn't stand sitting in one spot, then last year I discovered a method for bowhunting turkeys and I'm totally addicted and cant wait for this up coming season. I hunt with a compound but you can do traditional too. Tim Knight mentioned it in his book, Bowhunting Turkeys from A to Z, but if you check out the turkey hunting videos from Close Proximity tv on YouTube (I cant think of the guys name right now),but that's where I learned it from. He makes his bow the blind with some plastic Ivey and used a couple decoys to get the birds attention so he can make the shot. Check it out, I'm totally hooked and will never hunt turkeys any other way again. It's very challenging but it's fun as hell and I love a good challenge. I ended up calling in 11 birds last year, but only scored on one but it was still my funniest season ever! Check out Close proximity tv. 20190429_122633.jpg

Back