• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TURKEY TURKEY TURKEY

Autumnrider

I'm ready for this turkey season!! I love hunting those rednecks but I'll hate them by the 3rd week. Those guys drive me crazy but I'm excited cause I promised John that I will be using the JX3 for a seat this whole season, he knows that I will put the hybrid through the test.
Plus my pals and I are going to be using our Rambo bikes to keep rolling past other camo kings and queens while chasing these government roosters.

How many of you chase the wood lot bird?

Love to hunt turkey! It may be my favorite of all, because of the movement and interaction. Already looking forward to the season ahead and trying out some Federal TSS 12 gauge shells!

Going to try it for first time this season. Lots to learn but pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck @kelly.jayp. It’s a ton of fun.

I shoot Hevi Shot Triple Beard with that Primos Tight Wad choke in my 870. Good at about 40 yards. Had a tru glo red dot scope on there last year and filled both my tags. Switched out the red dot for a fiber optic set up for this year. If you can’t tell, I’m a little excited. :grimacing::grimacing:

I'm ready for this turkey season!! I love hunting those rednecks but I'll hate them by the 3rd week. Those guys drive me crazy but I'm excited cause I promised John that I will be using the JX3 for a seat this whole season, he knows that I will put the hybrid through the test.
Plus my pals and I are going to be using our Rambo bikes to keep rolling past other camo kings and queens while chasing these government roosters.

How many of you chase the wood lot bird?

I can't wait. Illinois opens at beginning of April. Excited to hear what you think of the JX3 for turkey hunting. I plan on using my Anderson and Kestrel for it this season. Bought a few pieces of new gear this year so excited to try everything out. And I totally agree, by the 3rd season I will be ready to shed blood if I hadn't already!

I shoot winchester longbeards #5 if I use the shotgun and swhackers when I use the bow.
Turkeys are my #2 favorite on the list with coyotes #1 and deer #3 but hounding rabbits is climbing fast.

I use Longbeard #5 also. I run mine through a Stoeger M3000 with a Carlson Longbeard choke tube and it’s plain sick. Have to shoot it like a rifle to 30. Throws a very useable pattern to 65 but turkey are meant to be shot in the face at very close range.

I’m fired up for turkey season. Ny opens in May .... ugh.
I shoot 870 w Carlson long beard and long beard XRs. Lethal combo out to 50.
I want to take one with the bow this season. If I get to take 1 w the 870 then I’ll bring the bow!

Well if my screen name is any indication...hahaha. I love it! I enjoy deer hunting and I’m really looking forward to being able to saddle hunt for the first time this fall, but my passion lies with spring turkey hunting in big timber in the mountains. Deer season fills part of a gap between springs for me. I love everything about it. Calling for others, shooting, building calls, the whole deal. The interaction with the animal is what gets me.

I live for turkeys. Spring. Fall. And any hunting I do in between is wonderful but absolutely nothing compares to turkeys. Not even in the same universe. Ready for THP turkey tour and Dave Owens’ Pinhoti Project.

I love turkey hunting almost as much as deer hunting. My only complaint is that 3 am wake up call. It’s rough when your runnin 3 or 4 days in a row. The first gobbles of the morning always make the wake up call worth it.

Shoot an older BPS in 20 gauge topped with a delta point and an Indian creek turkey choke. It is a deadly setup.

My slate calls are locally made, but I like to use a diaphram. When I am driving I practice. But when you are out on a solo mission having a mouth call is really important imo You do not want any movement when they are within visual range. I just picked up a a Bare Naked Hen from Tom Teasers and it is super easy to use and sounds awesome! As for a shotgun, my son uses a 20 gauge as do many. I prefer the 12 gauge for the reach...

I use Longbeard #5 also. I run mine through a Stoeger M3000 with a Carlson Longbeard choke tube and it’s plain sick. Have to shoot it like a rifle to 30. Throws a very useable pattern to 65 but turkey are meant to be shot in the face at very close range.

I have the same set up in my Mossberg 930. It’s a deadly combo. Killed a Merriam with it out in Nebraska and many eastern back here in Ga over the years.

I’m fired up for turkey season. Ny opens in May .... ugh.
I shoot 870 w Carlson long beard and long beard XRs. Lethal combo out to 50.
I want to take one with the bow this season. If I get to take 1 w the 870 then I’ll bring the bow!

I shot my first one with my bow last fall in Kentucky. It’s awesome. Planning on breaking the ice with the shotty and then trying to get another with my bow this spring.

Back