• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Two deer in one day!

Gumbymedic

Friday, November 23, it was the last hour of my last hunt as I only had a two week time slot for this particular spot. I had seen very little over the two week period. I had taken my one and only allowed buck earlier this season (see my other post NW Ohio early season buck) so I was on doe patrol for this hunt. At 4:40 pm two does came in to my left and I took the bigger one at 15 yds. She ran toward the river but I heard her crash before she got there (no swimming for me this time ). The other doe ran off but apparently, did not leave the area. Then, just after sunset, I saw that same doe being followed by a nice 8 point buck. They worked their way around to the right side of my stand and I was able to take her at 15 yds. also. Too bad I couldn't take the buck. Two deer in one day! I've never had that happen before.20181129_112144.jpg

Good job man! You had a lot of work to do that night!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back