• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Two questions for you all

wayne r

After making my first sit drag it's real comfy but i have just acquired an old industrial singer so i want to have a go at the kestrel clone you all have been doing, it looks really tidy, now i would like to switch things up a bit as firstly i won't need the line mans loop as it will be used with DRT only.
so onto my question instead of leg buckles are those G hooks ok for the leg straps? as I have a bit of a plan in using my petzl harness as the waist band as I like the hoop that's at the front and the belt is quite slim and fits well and incorporating the leg straps as per the kestrel with those hooks for easy fitting, lastly what thickness amsteel do you use for your bridges, many regards wayne

I'm using drt myself and weigh 285. I'm using the steel flat g hooks and so far have been impressed. No bending or stress on them at all. But I only have 1 sit so far.

super that will do I will get the steel version to trial thanks

I’ve been using the g-hooks on the leg straps and 1/4” amsteel for the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brilliant thanks for your help, I will post my progress,just awaiting materials so i can get cracking, thanks again

After making my first sit drag it's real comfy but i have just acquired an old industrial singer so i want to have a go at the kestrel clone you all have been doing, it looks really tidy, now i would like to switch things up a bit as firstly i won't need the line mans loop as it will be used with DRT only.
so onto my question instead of leg buckles are those G hooks ok for the leg straps? as I have a bit of a plan in using my petzl harness as the waist band as I like the hoop that's at the front and the belt is quite slim and fits well and incorporating the leg straps as per the kestrel with those hooks for easy fitting, lastly what thickness amsteel do you use for your bridges, many regards wayne
it's y'all

Back