• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX5 Rayder vs. Lonestar

avgjoe

Anybody tried both? Getting a new saddle this year and I'm going to try a TX5. Struggling with an extra $100+ for the Lonestar, but I'm willing to pay if it's worth it. I'm a leaner 99% of the time, so I thought the Rayder might save me some coin.

I’ve not hunted out of the Rayder but owned a model TX5 custom that was similar. After I got the lonestar it was a big leap in an already comfortable saddle. My opinion is the HPR system is worth the extra $

I do not have experience with either but am interested in hearing from those that have. Looked at each quite a bit several weeks ago. Bumping up TTT, with a bit of humor for those that might understand….

1680032886741.jpeg

Anybody tried both? Getting a new saddle this year and I'm going to try a TX5. Struggling with an extra $100+ for the Lonestar, but I'm willing to pay if it's worth it. I'm a leaner 99% of the time, so I thought the Rayder might save me some coin.
It’s worth it! Lonestar is most comfortable saddle I’ve had. I got the stretch panel. I probably sit more than lean but even my old 2 panel isn’t as comfortable! IMO!:). I would think for leaning it is even better!

Back