• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ultimate One Stick Handle/Mega Nite Ize

wyetterp

So I got frustrated with the cable on the one stick & tried a regular gear tie & didn't like
that either. Flopped around to much & still had to bend down to much or lower myself
on rappel. I like getting the stick as high as I can & I mentally found it pointless to have to
lower myself just to advance the next move.

So I found & added a Nite Ize 32inch Mega tie. Really liking it. Now I don't have to lower
or stretch to grab a regular gear tie or cable. Packs out of the way perfect & doesn't get in
the way once I'm finally set. It just pushes against the tree & stays. It's really stiff & pliable
to where ever I want it to be.

Winner in my book.
geartie 1.jpggeartie 2.jpggeartie 3.jpg

Yep! That’s it! I’ll step on it kind of against the tree when at height to tuck it away and keep it from moving.

Here’s mine. Since it’s a single strand, I’ll have to tighten the coil on the top of the stick with just a twist so it stands straight up. Of ALL the one sticking mods and improvements I’ve made, this one has been the most beneficial. I’d say cam cleats were the next best mod. If you can easily grab and raise your stick, any attachment method will be easier to work with.
7C3C892A-C041-43AB-AE51-D8CB3DE0F7A9.jpeg

I just used rubber coated wire. Extra long because I don’t like to give up ground to reach it. Also like a loop on the end to run my arm through so it just hangs from my elbow as I rappel down.6D79E8B6-CBBB-4E7D-8FA3-EE60D19A5E4D.jpegI

Yep! That’s it! I’ll step on it kind of against the tree when at height to tuck it away and keep it from moving.

That's exactly how I do also. It stays any where you put it.

They way you did yours definitely adds more height. That was a peeve of mine, having to go to make a move & drop down a little to get to the smaller handles. Being able to stand on the top & put the rope as high as possible makes a huge difference.

Back