• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ultimate one stick with aider VS anything similar, thoughts

SD Guy

None of us have tried everything I am sure. The Ultimate one stick with an aider has caught my eye, suppose I am considering a purchase of this setup or something similar.

Anyone here tried this one stick setup? Id appreciate hearing first hand experience on this one step option. Suppose Vs others as well if you have tried others as well.

The UOS is a great option if you are looking to one stick. If you are just wanting to try it out for less $$$ the RDAOutdoors stick is more affordable.

Thank you for the reply. Thoughts on their aiders, or aiders in general. What mistakes do folks make when selecting aiders? Certainly they are not all the same.

Thank you for the reply. Thoughts on their aiders, or aiders in general. What mistakes do folks make when selecting aiders? Certainly they are not all the same.
When I first bought my UOS, I had the sewn on 2 step aider with 20 inch spacing. I later swapped it out for a 3 step with 15 inch spacing. That worked much better for me. The Ultimaider is also a good choice so you can set it exactly how you like.

Great advice from @bowhuntr09 for sure. The EWO is kind of the gold standard but he is correct that there are several competing, quality one sticks on the market. Something for everyone and that’s great for everyone. I personally like the EWO Ultimate Platform so I have an all in one, lightweight package, but some folks like to one stick and have a separate platform. Really depends on how minimal you want to be and how much foot room you think you need to get the job done.

Similarly, the gold standard and most widely used one stick aider IMO is a 3 step aider at 15” and there are reasons for that. Some will argue that 2 steps is all you need, and no doubt that’s true for them. Personally, If I know exactly what I will like, I’m going to get a sewn aider, but If you go with the Ultimater you will have the most flexibility; and for someone that really doesn’t know what they will like, that is probably the best choice. Also, if you decide to switch sticks for some reason, you can easily move the Ultimater over to the new stick. May not be as easy with a sewn aider.

Good Luck!

Back