• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ultimate Stick Attachment

Dru--->89

SH Member

Anyone have any experience with this? Would love to go with something like this for my predator platform. Looks lightweight and quiet and simple to attach when up in the tree. Looking at the picture it looks like it an amsteel prussic knot on amsteel. I was always under the impression that amsteel was not able to be used as a prussic on other amsteel because it had a tendency to slide.

Some guys have been using an Amsteel prusik on Amsteel rope WITH A FULL-LENGTH BURY for a while. TETHRD even uses it for an adjustable bridge. I personally don't care for it, but I haven't heard of any problems from those using it.

I was always under the impression that amsteel was not able to be used as a prussic on other amsteel because it had a tendency to slide.

Half of the stuff we use is either 'out of spec' or 'has no specs'... lol

I bought a set of Heliums from a member that he made Amsteel rope mods for.
I can't seem to find a way to tie them off without them slipping...

I am gonna get some Amsteel soft shackles and turn them in to the USA attachment even though I'll probably never use them anyways???

Some guys have been using an Amsteel prusik on Amsteel rope WITH A FULL-LENGTH BURY for a while. TETHRD even uses it for an adjustable bridge. I personally don't care for it, but I haven't heard of any problems from those using it.
Good to know! Thanks for that info. Didn't think about a fully bury.

Wow. That’s over $80 to have four sticks achieve ultimate status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back