• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ultralight Dump Pouch

IMG_1072.JPG Experimenting....

This is a Molle Pouch Radio Milsurp pouch. I cut the extra internal straps out and will remove the lower straps if I keep using it.

It is attached through the loops on the back of the NewTribe and I can easily access bulky items. Being in the back it is more out of the way and doesn't throw off the balance of the saddle.

I can easily stow my platform in it or a water bottle...or a long rope etc.

I was thinking about something along the lines of a fleece nail apron.

The crown bag would last a good while. If I used bags like that, sewing some webbing in the back sides for a little stiffness and then web attachment loops would make them workable.

IMG_1078.JPG Wow...

Just got the Tactical Tailor pouch from Amazon for $18.40 with prime shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EMG4Q26/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NICE. Made in the USA....on my scale, it is 1 ounce lighter than the NC Star dump pouch that I have a few of. No Velcro, plastic connectors instead of metal snaps, nice drawstring stuff top, no extra flap to roll out of the way. Substantially more capacity than other pouches with less weight.
Will be getting another....

Last edited:
View attachment 1459 Wow...

Just got the Tactical Tailor pouch from Amazon for $18.40 with prime shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EMG4Q26/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NICE. Made in the USA....on my scale, it is 1 ounce lighter than the NC Star dump pouch that I have a few of. No Velcro, plastic connectors instead of metal snaps, nice drawstring stuff top, no extra flap to roll out of the way. Substantially more capacity than other pouches with less weight.
Will be getting another....
That pouch looks nice. Is the material noisy? Or comparable to the one on the left?

It is slightly quieter and not as stiff.
I just bought some camo fleece and am going to experiment a bit with that.
It was 59" wide and $10 a yard for Mossy Oak/Realtree etc at Jo-Ann's fabric.

I have fleece fannypack and daypack that have held up to a lot of use so it is something that could work.

IMG_1084.JPG I sewed an inside out 16x24" fleece into a drawstring bag with the top rolled down about 4". I attached some scrap web belts with d rings leaving a few inches from the top so it could flop down.

I fed some light elastic through and tied it with a bit of tension to hold the bag together but still easy to get into.

I might cut off the extra strap and buckle just leaving the d rings but it might help keep it steady.

Have to keep my sewing sloppy or my wife will start commissioning work ;)

I use a dump pouch I bought off eBay. It fits a entire smaller new tribe tree strap, autolocking biner, and a rope man 1. I have it bookmarked but I think flinginairos was the one who originally recommended it.

Very lightweight and fairly quiet. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1467 I sewed an inside out 16x24" fleece into a drawstring bag with the top rolled down about 4". I attached some scrap web belts with d rings leaving a few inches from the top so it could flop down.

I fed some light elastic through and tied it with a bit of tension to hold the bag together but still easy to get into.

I might cut off the extra strap and buckle just leaving the d rings but it might help keep it steady.

Have to keep my sewing sloppy or my wife will start commissioning work ;)

Nice sewing. If you do dishes and vacuum you would make somebody a great wife lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221464803820?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=520331508740&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's the one I bought off ebay. I attach it to the accessory d-loop and also that plastic clip on the back of my aerohunter. It has two straps with metal snap fasteners that you can feed through the loop. It does have a velcro'd pocket at the front, but I don't use it for anything so it's not an issue. Although the material is stiff and slightly noisy I have not found noise to be an issue taking or putting my rope into it. I use the drawstring at the top. I think someone else mentioned they cut out the interior liner material because of noise, but I haven't been that ambitious yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221464803820?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=520331508740&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here's the one I bought off ebay. I attach it to the accessory d-loop and also that plastic clip on the back of my aerohunter. It has two straps with metal snap fasteners that you can feed through the loop. It does have a velcro'd pocket at the front, but I don't use it for anything so it's not an issue. Although the material is stiff and slightly noisy I have not found noise to be an issue taking or putting my rope into it. I use the drawstring at the top. I think someone else mentioned they cut out the interior liner material because of noise, but I haven't been that ambitious yet.
I bought 8 of the same ones in olive green to match some of my sitdrags. They're perfect. I think I paid 6.99 each. They shipped from China. Quality is great.

Back