• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Umbrella?

firehunter

Question for the group. I have been thinking about getting a tree stand umbrella but am having a hard time finding one that will work. I am looking for one that is fairly compact when folded up and that straps to the tree. All the ones I have found screw into the tree and that wont work because I hunt all public land. Thanks.

Put strap around tree....screw umbrella through strap.

Seriously though....I can't say I've seen one.

Google "Hawk Arc".

EDIT: Forget the Arc. Its great for a tree stand, but too heavy and bulky to be practical with a saddle.

Last edited:
I have the hawk wingspan I think it's called. It's a great umbrella. I dont think I've seen a strap bracket specifically for the umbrella but I think if you or a buddy had some welding skills, you could cut off the screw portion and weld to a small piece of flat stock. Cut 1" slots on each side Then run your strap through and BAM! Public land legal.

I had to make one last year. It’s super compact but not good in the rain. It’s a regular old umbrella like a woman would keep in her purse. Took a cam jam and hooked it to the metal around the top of the umbrella and used it to strap to the tree. I took a small twiggy limb off a tree and ran it between the umbrella and framework. Let the end of said twig rest against the tree. It worked.

The screw point of my tree umbrella has been broken for 10+ years. It will go into soft trees, but I’ve used it a LOT on trees that it simply wouldn’t go into without the tip. I just stick it against the tree and tie it off. Works perfectly.

Can you mod that? I'm thinking some cam netting draped down from the edges. Like an umbrella ghillie suit.

Jack Burton dislikes the headbrella!!

Attachments

• Big-trouble-in-little-china-big-trouble-in-little-china-30907446-853-480.jpg
    Big-trouble-in-little-china-big-trouble-in-little-china-30907446-853-480.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 6
Well as is with a lot of stuff I made a solution to my cant screw into the tree problem. I got this umbrella because it was cheap and got good reviews. But it screws into the tree. I remembered I had a product called InstaMorph. It is a thermoplastic pellets that you put in hot water and mold them into whatever you want. And if I don't need this any more I can use it again to make something else. It is not pretty but it will work. The umbrella just screws into this instead of the tree. IMG-2264.JPG

Back