• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Umbrellas

aclawrence

Hey guys I just sat in the rain the other afternoon and it wasn’t really fun. Bow hunting with a rain jacket on seems like low odds for success with being so noisy. I ran to three different stores before the hunt to buy a hunting umbrella but didn’t find one. Today on camofire they have two umbrellas for sale. A Hawk umbrella and a HME umbrella. Have any of you used one these in particular or an umbrella at all while saddle hunting? How did it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Hawk umbrella from camofire once before. It was quite a let down. I liked the concept, shape and size of it but the build quality was very cheap and poor IMO. Mine actually showed up broken in 2 or 3 spots. The box wasn’t damaged or anything so it was like they packaged it like that and let it go out the door. I put it right back in the box and sent it back.

In my experience I would not recommend a hawk umbrella. Your mileage may vary.

Both will work to a certain degree but you still may get wet. I usually use a pop up ground blind if I must hunt in the rain . Most of the time I will wait for the rain to stop ,being a bow hunter I dislike the idea of a blood trail in the rain. Just my cents Good luck

Both will work to a certain degree but you still may get wet. I usually use a pop up ground blind if I must hunt in the rain . Most of the time I will wait for the rain to stop ,being a bow hunter I dislike the idea of a blood trail in the rain. Just my cents Good luck

I agree. I try to avoid hunting in the rain. I know the hardcore guys go rain or shine. Also not a fan of getting pneumonia. Hard enough as it is to keep everyone in the house from getting sick.

Yes I agree about the blood trails in the rain and don’t make a habit out of hunting in the rain. Sometimes it might be where there’s a chance of rain and it would be handy to have one. Also it might be pretty nice for turkey hunting which is my number one love. No need for blood trails with a load of TSS to the noggen. Unfortunate to hear of the Hawk umbrella quality.

Yes I agree about the blood trails in the rain and don’t make a habit out of hunting in the rain. Sometimes it might be where there’s a chance of rain and it would be handy to have one. Also it might be pretty nice for turkey hunting which is my number one love. No need for blood trails with a load of TSS to the noggen. Unfortunate to hear of the Hawk umbrella quality.

Looks like there might be a different version hawk umbrella out now that might be better than the one I had.

Its 55' outside in southern illinois storming I just bought a real tree umbrella this morning it drips when it gets soaked so if you get one waterproof the seams and my lower legs are freezing right now because water running down tree soaked my knee pads and they runoff down my leg ,this is also a strap on umbrella I kinda dig it I'm alot drier with it

Back