• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Upgrade list

kbetts

SH Member
I've been using a standard TS for many years but I need to upgrade some of the kit, particularly my lineman's belt and tree strap. What exactly are you guys using for each? I would prefer to stay away from having to do too much of the assembly myself but if that's the route I need to go, so be it. Obviously I've been getting by with the stock system, but it needs a diet.

This may not help since almost all of my stuff is DIY, but I use 1" nylon webbing and a cam buckle similar to what the LW straps are made from as my lineman's belt strap. It works really well for what I use it for. The actually loops that this attaches to is part of the saddle I made.

Plenty of guys here LOVE their Ropeman's as part of their lineman belts.

Both my tether and linemans belt are 11mm Ultratech line with ropemans for adjustments. I only use the 11mm line tostay within manufactures recommendation with ise on the ropeman.

Are you buying the rope precut? How about any stitched loops, are you doing it yourself or is it prefab? Length?

I bought my line man's belt and tether precut and spiced. I'll have to look and find my records to see where I got them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I just unboxed the ol TS from last year. After looking at all of the new rigs, I realize I'm pretty old school right now but I could probably hang a truck from a tree....lol. We're getting ready to lighten things up a bit.

I bought 30 ft of 11mm rope last year from REI. That allowed me to make a bridge, lineman's belt, and a long tree tether. Bought some 7mm rope from there for prussic knots.

Shortly after I found the Ropeman.

It's all simple knots.

I built my trust in them at about 4 feet of the ground and by the time I was hunting with them I felt confident and safe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back