• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Upgrading an old camera arm -- would like your input

DanielB89

Nov 17, 2017
Monroe, LA
I am in the process of upgrading an old camera arm I had. IT was one of the grizzly camera arms that were a decent "beginner" arm and I did manage to film a few things on it. But, there were a few things I didn't like about it.

What I have done:
- Changed connection between the arms to something I don't need to adjust the tension on
- Changed ratchet out for OCB buckle
- Put a fluid head on it

What it is still lacking and **possible solutions**:

With its current connection system I don't have a wide range of movement.
** I am thinking about possibly adding a third bar on it to where I can wrap around the tree better.**

The fluid head isn't as smooth as I thought it would be, is there a way to put some type of lubrication on it? It is the 3pod fluid head

Adding pics from my phone.

DanielB89

Nov 17, 2017
Monroe, LA
52009c382f4d1fe83583b8cb5e0c8928.jpg
108d546ba88ac8249e43d27d66e98c4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielB89

Nov 17, 2017
Monroe, LA
As it sits, the camera arm is made up of 3 separate pieces of tubing. The first one from the mounting hardware is a larger diameter than the other two as one slides in the other. I am thinking about connecting the 1st and 2nd arm in the same manner the 2nd and 3rd arm are connected. Obviously i'd have to trim them up a little or something like that, but I believe it would tremendously help with wrapping the camera around the tree while filming.

any thoughts?

DanielB89

Nov 17, 2017
Monroe, LA
Anyone have any input on a camera arm with 3 sections instead of two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk