• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

UPS got me for $150 Learn from my mistakes!

benny a gregoire jr.

So in July i made a trade here on the forum for some wild edge stepps. Ive never traded or sold anything before. Ive always liked the big brown truck showing up at my door. I chose to ship my items via UPS. I walked into my local UPS store, created my label, gave my items(set of muddy steps and ring o ameristeps) to employees to box up, and paid my money. Feeling confident about what i just did, i walked out excited. I didnt take pictures, to be honest i didnt watch employees box up the items, but i did purchase the insurance. A couple days later my co-trader notified me that the ring o ameristeps was missing. Bummer my first trade went bad. Not to worry though i contacted UPS and made my claim. Now my Co-trader is still out his steps, so i hussled up, got on the forum found some more stepps and had them shipped to him on my dime again. My co-trader is now satisfied. Im glad i could do that for him, i didnt want to leave the situation unresolved. Im supposed to get my money back anyway bc i made an insurance claim right, WRONG! UPS denied the claim! Weeks later when UPS showed up to investigate the package, my co-trader had already discarded the box( understandably so, i dont want trash hanging around my house either). This is months later, i havent received any calls, emails, or mailed letters saying my claim was denied. It wasnt until i called to check the status that i learned it was denied. Im extremely upset and dissatisfied with UPS.

Rant over,
Benny

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I sent 3 muddy sticks to a member here. This was the first time I paid for ups to box, package and ship. Thinking like you, that I did the right thing. Well after a few days I see the tracking says shipper rerouted the package to another address. So I called and got it shipped back to the correct address. Well then I get a text from the buyer .... I bought hunting sticks not a kuerig and k cups. WHat in the world. Well ups put the wrong label on the box. My sticks went somewhere else and when ups doin out they rerouted my package without ever calling me. They thought they could fix it before I figured it out. My buyer packaged up the kuerig and it was back on the truck the next day. It took 3 weeks for the person who had my sticks to get them back to ups. Buyer here was real cool about. Actually sold him a kestrel a few days later. But man what a disaster. Pay for an extra service and get screwed over ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the buyer was like I hate coffee! Lol Funny now but man I was heated over this.

I've send hundreds of items through USPS without issue. I only resort to UPS / FedEx unless I have to. They're not any cheaper and their locations are further and fewer between than USPS.

A few weeks ago I had an issue where I sent an item to a wrong address because the buyer had a different address on their paypal account versus the one they messaged me. Anyway long story short I called the USPS where the package shipped out, who then called the receiving facility IN ANOTHER STATE, who then went and PICKED UP THE PACKAGE FROM THE WRONG LOCATION ON THE SAME DAY, and then delivered it to the new one! Outstanding.

Big thumbs up to USPS from me.

The lesson I'm getting here is don't let UPS box up your stuff for you. As an Amazon Prime junkie and reloader buying supplies for 6 different calibers, I've had thousands of pounds of stuff delivered by all the major carriers. Never a bad experience.

I’ve been seeing everything getting worse lately. My opinion on the mater is no one is held responsible for their work. It’s hard to get fired today. Companies don’t want to deal with potential lawsuits so they keep unqualified workers working. And the unqualified workers know they will get paid just the same as the person busting their but to do a good job, so why work hard. And I can go into more depth about the whole workforce employment disaster but saddlehunter really isn’t the place. Im just a dissatisfied costumer of many things due to people not giving a .......

I hate Kuerig. And it sucks to open a box expecting sticks only to find a stupid coffee maker and K-cups!!! Glad it all worked out ok in the end!!

I sent 3 muddy sticks to a member here. This was the first time I paid for ups to box, package and ship. Thinking like you, that I did the right thing. Well after a few days I see the tracking says shipper rerouted the package to another address. So I called and got it shipped back to the correct address. Well then I get a text from the buyer .... I bought hunting sticks not a kuerig and k cups. WHat in the world. Well ups put the wrong label on the box. My sticks went somewhere else and when ups doin out they rerouted my package without ever calling me. They thought they could fix it before I figured it out. My buyer packaged up the kuerig and it was back on the truck the next day. It took 3 weeks for the person who had my sticks to get them back to ups. Buyer here was real cool about. Actually sold him a kestrel a few days later. But man what a disaster. Pay for an extra service and get screwed over ...

I’ve been seeing everything getting worse lately. My opinion on the mater is no one is held responsible for their work. It’s hard to get fired today. Companies don’t want to deal with potential lawsuits so they keep unqualified workers working. And the unqualified workers know they will get paid just the same as the person busting their but to do a good job, so why work hard. And I can go into more depth about the whole workforce employment disaster but saddlehunter really isn’t the place. Im just a dissatisfied costumer of many things due to people not giving a .......

Had an old boss that had a name for his three part theory on this. I forget the name but, the three parts were:

1. The only way to get fired is to make a mistake.
2. The only way to make a mistake is to do something.
3.You get paid every Friday whether you do something or not.

Back