• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

UPS lady is my friend

Stuck on state land

My Wild Edge steps came today!!! (Of corse I passed her when I was enRoute to afternoon hunt..) I have heard from here to pre stretch ropes and practice before climbing in the woods... I see my knader and swader will work sweet on them..!! Any tips??!! Wednesday my new saddle and locking beeners will show up!! Got the 120' of 11.5mm 24strand double braided rope (Poison Ivy cause predator was out of stock) and a couple ropeman2s came last week... did I say UPS truck knows my address??

I am not sure if my ropes did not stretch properly after putting them all on a tree or overnight or not. My ropes did not seem to work perfectly until after I had made at least six climbs with them. I think maybe they needed a little bit more stretches then just once overnight for me. It also might be that my technique got better the more that I used it. I use only the knaider to climb myself. I just have not gotten used to the longer aider. As soon as my saddle that I just purchased comes in I am going to try the Cain method to climb. I have been using a fleece saddle and rock climbing harness up until now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
4315c02c04c9cae12aec6fd007b64cdb.jpg

It takes practice.the we steps deff take longer to set up so don't give up on them to soon..theres a learning curve..this is my 6th sit with them and had my top step slip a little so there still streching

I saw somewhere on here that if we attach to a medium sized tree and leave overnight then attach to a large tree and do the same that the ropes will be ready.. I wanted to use them the day they arrived .. I did use my sticks that day and practiced today in the yard.. glad I did as I don't want to experiment afield... lol.. will do field trial in morning.

I am not sure if my ropes did not stretch properly after putting them all on a tree or overnight or not. My ropes did not seem to work perfectly until after I had made at least six climbs with them. I think maybe they needed a little bit more stretches then just once overnight for me. It also might be that my technique got better the more that I used it. I use only the knaider to climb myself. I just have not gotten used to the longer aider. As soon as my saddle that I just purchased comes in I am going to try the Cain method to climb. I have been using a fleece saddle and rock climbing harness up until now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
4315c02c04c9cae12aec6fd007b64cdb.jpg
Definitely the more I practiced in yard helped.. been using a sit-drag for saddle can't wait till tomorrow when my real one shows up.. my bridge prussic came untied on Saturday at 30' up and I was sooo lucky I was above some big branches,not sure how I reacted fast enough to grab the branch I bounced off and grab it and found myself hanging 6' away from trunk and 25' in the air.. phew... CHECK YOUR KNOTS!!! I now have a fixed loop prussic... I climbed up again last night and wasn't comfortable enough to undo my lineman belt or let go of the tree for a bit... lol live and learn and lucky to be alive to have learned something... be safe, happy hunting!!

Definitely the more I practiced in yard helped.. been using a sit-drag for saddle can't wait till tomorrow when my real one shows up.. my bridge prussic came untied on Saturday at 30' up and I was sooo lucky I was above some big branches,not sure how I reacted fast enough to grab the branch I bounced off and grab it and found myself hanging 6' away from trunk and 25' in the air.. phew... CHECK YOUR KNOTS!!! I now have a fixed loop prussic... I climbed up again last night and wasn't comfortable enough to undo my lineman belt or let go of the tree for a bit... lol live and learn and lucky to be alive to have learned something... be safe, happy hunting!!

So you are using a sit drag and not backing it up with a rock climbing harness? You definitely dodged a bullet there.

So you are using a sit drag and not backing it up with a rock climbing harness? You definitely dodged a bullet there.
Oh yeah I left out the harness part.. by the weeks end I will not use them as my new real saddle will arrive tomorrow... sit-drag with harness, but it was still the knot that I tied that failed... now using a closed loop prussic thanks to you guys here..!!

I actually use a full body harness tied into bridge and sitdrag.. in case I want to sit one of my hang on stands.. but I still like the saddle idea so I sit on stand with both.. lol

Back