• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using safety harness webbing

Kmarks

I got a couple of unused safety harnesses from a friend. They are the harnesses that come with a tree stand. I am thinking about undoing the stitching and using it to create a saddle/sit drag.

Has anyone done this before? And what are the safety concerns?

thanks

Yes you can do that with no issues. However it will be a fair bit of work to disassmble them and seat belt webbing is very inexpensive. For my saddle build i used the tree straps that come with those cheap harnesses that come with treestands. It takes a pretty long piece of webbing if you want it continuous. Not positive you can get a piece long enough off a harness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As stated above, it be a pain VS just buying 30 ft of webbing on eBay. The length you need will be around 6’6” for the main harness section, plus waist belt, then I put a short piece on the lower leg section of mine to sandwich the mesh/seat material. So roughly 12 feet of seatbelt webbing and I think I used 10ft or less one inch tube webbing for the other parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I disassembled both last night in about 20 minutes. Kinda easy, actually.

I’m surprised, but right on! Good luck with the build, have fun. I’m far from an expert but if I can help I will. This is the one I built.
a1a997c5038d59b0ae7b6008d603f707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back