• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using stand with saddle for versatility

Wmihunter

Has anyone used a lw assault or similar size stand to hunt from? U can sit in your saddle from time to time for longer sits and sitting down shots so the tether isn’t in your way
Here’s a video about it

I’m definitely interested in hybrid setup but not for any of his reasons. My biggest takeaway from that video is how can he two hand adjust that tether length while holding his bow as he doesn’t show it at all skipping right by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m definitely interested in hybrid setup but not for any of his reasons. My biggest takeaway from that video is how can he two hand adjust that tether length while holding his bow as he doesn’t show it at all skipping right by it.

I noticed the same thing as well. Also, he can say "saddle hunting" isnt for him but he is effectively taking many of the advantages of saddle hunting by wearing a rock climbing harness and crediting them to a hang on stand.

The thing you have to remember is, any set up you choose, you still have your back to to part of the 360 degree circle and you have to figure where to hang your bow. Where to hang the bow is the biggest for me, if setting I want it somewhat in front of me, if facing the tree which side of the tree.

The thing you have to remember is, any set up you choose, you still have your back to to part of the 360 degree circle and you have to figure where to hang your bow. Where to hang the bow is the biggest for me, if setting I want it somewhat in front of me, if facing the tree which side of the tree.

This is true!

I get what he’s saying but I still feel like he’s bias to stands. I’ve never understood the mentality of completely omitting one out all together. Both stands and saddles have their place in the woods. I’ve had set ups where a saddle completely wouldn’t work, but a stand would. Also the opposite where a saddle worked so much better than a stand would. I feel like comfort is the same on both when have your set up dialed in. I’m just as comfortable/uncomfortable in both set ups. I can sit/stand if I want to in my saddle just as I can in my tree stand.

That's what I'm doing with rock harnesses and my beast stand it works awesome!!!

Same with a tether setup hang your bow up.Screenshot_20210620-115251_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I can adj my tether with one hand if necessary just lean forward and move prusic knot but is easily done with two hands

Has anyone used a lw assault or similar size stand to hunt from? U can sit in your saddle from time to time for longer sits and sitting down shots so the tether isn’t in your way
Here’s a video about it

Besides saddle platforms, I’ve used an OG 8.5lb LW and also an old sand cast with my saddles

I can sit down a face forward or face the tree

Whatever is needed to be in the right tree

Back