• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using tied-off Repel Line as a Tether

Cvan1971man

I am new to saddle hunting. What are the cons of using my repel line as a tether?

It seems like I could tie off my repel line and eliminate having to use a tether.

Only way I do it. Benefits far out weigh cons,especially from a safety standpoint. If I had to pick a con,it's a longer rope to deal with but if you choose to use a standard tether and a rappel line,you already got more rope than me.

No cons imo. I use my rappel rope 9/10 times. Occasionally I'll use my tether at the same time if there's a fork. I also keep the tether around for safety (and can turn my lineman's into an extra tether too if needed).

Back