• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

USPS SUCKS!

Pilk64

Over the last couple months USPS has really been behind on deliveries, not something we all dont know. I'm done using USPS for a while for shipping and I will request not to be shipped to USPS...

Call me crazy and maybe I am.... but what I have noticed is anytime I have a package coming through the post office, I get 10-15 robo calls and scam calls a day, it took me awhile to notice the correlation but something is definitely there, for 4 or 5 days my phone will blow up with these robo calls from all over the world and country all day long and then nothing.... with too much time on my hands in the winter lol I finally narrowed it down, if I have a UPS package coming nothing, no packages maybe a stray call here or there, with a USPS inbound package the calls don’t stop until it shows up, I have no way to prove this other than my redneck theory but something is up, at first I thought it was paypal but not so, it’s only when I have a USPS package coming that the calls are 10-15 a day and usually between 10am-4pm

Last edited:
Call me crazy and maybe I am.... but what I have noticed is anytime I have a package coming through the post office, I get 10-15 robo calls and scam calls a day, it took me awhile to notice the correlation but something is definitely there, for 4 or 5 days my phone will blow up with these robo calls from all over the world and country all day long and then nothing.... with too much time on my hands in the winter lol I finally narrowed it down, if I have a UPS package coming nothing, no packages maybe a stray call here or there, with a USPS inbound package the calls don’t stop until it shows up, I have no way to prove this other than my redneck theory but something is up, at first I thought it was paypal but not so, it’s only when I have a USPS package coming that the calls are 10-15 a day and usually between 10am-4pm
I have the exact same thing happening to me.....I thought it was just telemarketers. But now that I read this I face this same scenario

wow...my phone has been blowing too for the last 2 weeks...and I have 3 things Im still waiting on...what the heck!?

I’ve never had an issue with USPS and I simply can NOT picture the private sector doing it cheaper.

I traded an aluminum component for a carbon fiber component with a member here. We both shipped the same day, my heavier component via USPS, his lighter component via UPS. USPS delivered sooner and cheaper.

I’ve never had an issue with USPS and I simply can NOT picture the private sector doing it cheaper.

I traded an aluminum component for a carbon fiber component with a member here. We both shipped the same day, my heavier component via USPS, his lighter component via UPS. USPS delivered sooner and cheaper.
How long ago?

The swap was a couple of years ago, but I ship and receive items weekly and have never had an issue.

Wait.....the above is not entirely true. I received 3 Christmas cards after the 25th this year.

I have mailed out letters to my clients before, from the town I live in, to a client that lives in the same town and had them come back to me almost a year later as undelivered/wrong address because I forgot they had an P.O. box. But when I order some hunting gear from Florida or California it seems to get here faster than ups. Go figure.

all I have is my own experiences with USPS in the last 3 or 4 months ...it seems like they are wayyyy behind...thats all...all my UPS and FedEx stuff is very fast...maybe because of Cuomo ...who knows

Never had major issues with USPS until last Spring when Covid hit. Felt bad when I had to take business away from our local PO but finally had to pull the plug due to lost packages and weeks long delays. Our local PO never had issues, seems to only be an issue with their network and distribution centers, and not just the Michigan ones. Unfortunately UPS can't touch their rates but I guess there's a reason for that - very few issues since switching over. We thought we could bypass the USPS distribution center issues by using UPS SurePost, but had to drop that too after having a few packages go missing after UPS handed them over. Really unbelievable how bad USPS has gotten.

Back