• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Uv killer

I use it. I think it's more important than the type of camo you're using.

Some of the new popular brands of camo clothes have built in color enhancement to promote "eye candy" for the consumer.
This can be seen by holding the item above your head in the store . The indoor lighting will cast a sheen off the fabrics. Also detergents with phosphates will also induce game alerting "glow". I normally start hunting in mid Oct. so the heat isn't an issue when I wear my wools. I only use baking soda for washing and air dry on the line.
I have a popular top and bottom scent style suit I don't use anymore as it seems to have a glow as it gets darker, my suit seems to not get dark around me as the woods do, and have been busted many a time. I no longer use them. When I wear the wools, I get dark the same as the surroundings.
I'm looking for a warm weather wool set for the early season this year...
Just my 2 cents on expensive brand outerwear...the under layers I choose makes the difference for insulation.
As far as UV killer.....I think it's a marketing gimmicks as it didn't seem to help.

I should say I haven't used it on scentlok as I don't know how it might affect it. I often use it on cheaper camo or regular clothing that will be exposed as an outer layer. I use different white garments in the snow that aren't intended for hunting so I spray them. If your thinking about using it, you might want to try the black light test before. I don't feel like it's as gimmicky as a lot of other stuff nor as expensive. A lot of science shows deer see uv light, and I'm gonna do what I can to avoid that. I think it's more critical in low light. I can't remember the last time I was busted in a tree by sight, it's ALWAYS by smell when it happens. I might be saying the same exact thing even if I didn't use it though.

Back