• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vacuum sealers

Waylon mark

What do you have and how do you like it ,I never owned one always just saran wrapped and double wrapped with freezer paper ,I bought the weston 2600 idk but for the price it best outlast me .

I have a Cabelas 15 inch model. It was made for Cabelas by Wesson but I don't know what model it compares to. I have had it around 10 years or more and have been very happy with it. I had a dumpster full of the cheap ones and they don't even compare. My friends and I would burn up a couple a year processing meat and vegetables. The one I have seals the bag a 1/4 inch across. They never break open in the freezer like the thin pencil line the cheap models do. The Wesson also has a way more powerful pump than the cheapo models. Mine will absolutely crush an empty aluminum can if I put it in a bag and suck it down. The others would hardly put a dent in it. I have been very happy with my unit and it has been trouble free for as long as I have owned it.

I like my Nessco vaccuum pump. Probably the best thing unless you go chamber vac. Only thing a vac sealer can compete against a chamber vac is the price

I have a Cabelas 15 inch model. It was made for Cabelas by Wesson but I don't know what model it compares to. I have had it around 10 years or more and have been very happy with it. I had a dumpster full of the cheap ones and they don't even compare. My friends and I would burn up a couple a year processing meat and vegetables. The one I have seals the bag a 1/4 inch across. They never break open in the freezer like the thin pencil line the cheap models do. The Wesson also has a way more powerful pump than the cheapo models. Mine will absolutely crush an empty aluminum can if I put it in a bag and suck it down. The others would hardly put a dent in it. I have been very happy with my unit and it has been trouble free for as long as I have owned it.
Ever tried to vacuum seal 7lb of catfish filets at once or ,tomato slices

If you can convince yourself to spend the money on a chamber sealer you won’t be disappointed. It will pay for itself over time just with the cost of bags. I have had mine 5 years and put up meat, veggies, soups, fish, fruits and so much more. We do half the canning we used too because this thing is so quick and easy to use and food taste great, I feel good lasts longer than vac sealing. Bags cost much less and I feel work much better. 3mm for about everything and I do 5mm for whole fish or bones with no freezer tare yet.
Downside, big and bulky. Can’t travel with it. Takes up a whole corner in my kitchen. Think weighs about 80lbs.

I have a chamber vac as well and it works awesome. It especially makes a difference on stuff that has a lot of moisture in it like fish. On the downside I think it was around 900$

I bought a wingman at academy about 7-8 seasons ago. I’m guessing I’ve done 100lbs of fish filets, and probably 5-8 deer in that time. It still works. I’m guessing 300-400 “vacuum and seals” cycles through it.

At the time I think I paid about 60-70. I could be wrong. I buy the roll of bags on Amazon.

I’m guessing I’m 20-30 cents in per frozen portion.

Even the cheapo style is a huge upgrade over butcher paper.

I'd like to go all in and get a chamber at some point but just haven't pulled the trigger.

I have a chamber vac as well and it works awesome. It especially makes a difference on stuff that has a lot of moisture in it like fish. On the downside I think it was around 900$
I was halfway there I spent the 400 on a chamberless vacuum sealer

Back