• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Venting

Boomah21

SH Member
went out this morning got to my tree and noticed I forgot my ameristep platform....crap, oh well I can make due. Got down and back to the truck and realized it wasn’t there either. I am assuming at this point it fell off while I was walking out of the woods last night from a new spot I was checking out but is an hour away. Ugh

I find my ameristep platform to be a difficult thing to manage too...it's an unwieldy little beast!

That stinks. I've had good luck keeping my step platform in some sort of pouch or dump bag inside of my pack. It helps to keep everything quiet and together until I need it.

I tried keeping thing in pouches on my saddle but don’t like the pull down. Everything goes in the bag. When I hit the ground, my saddle with lineman belt attached goes in on top of my bridge and tree tether. That way when I get to the next tree, everything is in order layered in the bag as I need it to be taken out.

Back